#2909 - v.281 Saves Reverting Back

Dodgygeezah

I was playing the long dark and I got from two days to about twenty five days. I then quit the game after saving. When I went to load up the world my game reset back to two days. Does anyone know what happened or has experienced this? If so please message me back. (Xbox version)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that happened. We seem to still have a limited number of players experiencing this issue. I'm going to be moving your post out of the Steam Key area and into the XBox Tech support forum in case we need any more information from you for follow-up. Thanks!

Version. 281

Lost half my save game. I was at day 43. Moved my xbox to another tv. (So i had to unplug it). Set it up and load TLD and only save file is at day 24.

I experienced the bug on other versions so now when I stop playing I force the game to save 3 or 4 times enter a building (make sure I see the save circle) and sleep a few times (seeing save circle each time).

Hoping it actually fixed soon,

Sam

An update or at least acknowledgement would be awesome Hinterland, especially seeing as this game is unplayable in its current state for some people. I have sunk a great deal of time that has now been rendered wasted on this Alpha, bugs are bugs but this is game breaking...

I see other bug topics talking about losing arrows and clipping issues....:/.....lol.....try wasting over 20 hours of your life on a bug that was "fixed" over a week ago...

Sort it out.

An update or at least acknowledgement would be awesome Hinterland, especially seeing as this game is unplayable in its current state for some people. I have sunk a great deal of time that has now been rendered wasted on this Alpha, bugs are bugs but this is game breaking...

I see other bug topics talking about losing arrows and clipping issues....:/.....lol.....try wasting over 20 hours of your life on a bug that was "fixed" over a week ago...

Sort it out.

We are all here on X-Box too and I can say for me and other user it works.

I don`t know what the other player have done, so I write again, what I have done.

I suspect that Microsofts "synchronization" makes the trouble with the save games.

So I deleted the game with my saves and also the saves in the cloud and then reinstall is with the new update.

I never had the saving-bug again, but it worked only after I have deleted the save-files in the cloud.

Maybe other user can reply what they have done that it works?

Sort it out.

We are all here on X-Box too and I can say for me and other user it works.

I don`t know what the other player have done, so I write again, what I have done.

I suspect that Microsofts "synchronization" makes the trouble with the save games.

So I deleted the game with my saves and also the saves in the cloud and then reinstall is with the new update.

I never had the saving-bug again, but it worked only after I have deleted the save-files in the cloud.

Maybe other user can reply what they have done that it works?

How many days have you survived may I ask? I ask only because the bug seems to crop up on long term saves from my experience.

And yes, I have deleted the game and save files many times in an attempt to cure the problem, then I sink another 20 or so hours in and guess what? I lose progress...

With all due respect if your fix was the real issue then Hinterland would have released this information as part of the .281 fix, which they have not. I do appreciate your trying to be helpful however.

My deleted game was at day 130 I think.

My longest game now it at 93 day also saved with 2 other games (day 33 and day 7)

I don`t know if this only affect long term saves because when the bug affected me the first time I only was at day 60 I think.

And what confuse me is the 16mb storage-fix for this bug, because I had this bug under the limit also.

My longest game now it at 93 day also saved with 2 other games (day 33 and day 7)

I don`t know if this only affect long term saves because when the bug affected me the first time I only was at day 60 I think.

And what confuse me is the 16mb storage-fix for this bug, because I had this bug under the limit also.

Fair enough my friend, there goes my long term save theory!!

So in all honestly, when the patch was first released last week I didnt delete the game and re-install. I had done so the day before so figured that would suffice as it did not say in the fix notes that I had to delete the game.

I have just followed your advice and deleted everything from my xbox (game included) and the cloud. Goodbye hunter cache and 63 (formerly 93) day save! If this does not work I am coming back here and holding you personally responsible :P

On a more serious note. Thanks for the advice...I hope this works, lets see where I spawn :D

I've created a fresh [separate] ticket since this is still happening in v.281

The original issues confirmed by the dev team and Microsoft appear to be working for most players, so the dev team are trying to check what else could be causing it on just some consoles. The Xbox save issue is high priority for fixing.

Bug Report Ticket #2909 issued for save games which are reverting back to earlier save periods

For save games which are vanishing, there is a separate thread

for Bug ref #2919 here: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=8714

Thanks and for your patience, and sorry for the frustration these evasive bugs have caused

Fair enough my friend, there goes my long term save theory!!

So in all honestly, when the patch was first released last week I didnt delete the game and re-install. I had done so the day before so figured that would suffice as it did not say in the fix notes that I had to delete the game.

I have just followed your advice and deleted everything from my xbox (game included) and the cloud. Goodbye hunter cache and 63 (formerly 93) day save! If this does not work I am coming back here and holding you personally responsible :P

On a more serious note. Thanks for the advice...I hope this works, lets see where I spawn :D

Good look! Maybe you found the riffle-bunker. :D

Please give feedback also welcome by PN.

This was a request for the thread where v.281 saves were being lost from the tech team for the thread where v.281 saves were being lost, but may also help debugging for saves reverting to older versions if some players can try it:

"could you please confirm that the players start playing on v.281? Basically ask them to try these steps:

1) Turn xbox off/on again

2) Start up TLD

3) Confirm version is v.281

4) Load a game

5) Move to a new zone, sleep in bedroll to save

6) Turn xbox off/on again

7) Start up TLD

8) Check if game saved properly

If the game doesn’t save properly doing these steps, then there’s an issue."

They're trying to check whether there is a save sync issue with the Cloud and Console overwriting each other, as well as making sure v.281 is actually saving [and not just keeping the old save data which wasn't working properly].

Thank you

This was a request for the thread where v.281 saves were being lost from the tech team for the thread where v.281 saves were being lost, but may also help debugging for saves reverting to older versions if some players can try it:

"could you please confirm that the players start playing on v.281? Basically ask them to try these steps:

2) Start up TLD

4) Load a game

7) Start up TLD

They're trying to check whether there is a save sync issue with the Cloud and Console overwriting each other, as well as making sure v.281 is actually saving [and not just keeping the old save data which wasn't working properly].

Thank you

Hello so I have some bad news, but hopefully it will help!!

Day 8: I did exactly as was listed in the above message. I was in Mystery Lake Camp Office and walked to the Coastal Highway. I stopped off at the Carter Hydro Dam on the way and cleared out all the loot, staying there for about 2 days before carrying on my way. I went over the ravine and slept at that first cabin you come to next to the blocked train tunnel. I slept for 8 hours and hard reset my Xbox...

...I'm back at Mystery Lake Camp Office and its day 3 :(

Sad that this happened but very heartened that the team have nailed that going from zone to zone triggers the problem, as was 100% the case here.

The only thing that has confused me is the fact that I'm back at the Camp Office and not the Dam...odd.

Hope this helps and we get a speedy fix. Awesome game....

Wanted to add some notes to what happened in my post above.

Looking again today at the save files, the date on my reverted save has the wrong date. Its reading 5/25/2013.

I'm now going to delete my saves and try what you suggested. I'll report my findings in a bit.

*edit* started a new game after deleting saves.

Followed all the steps in order. (v. 281 confirmed)

After turning on my xbox the 2nd time and loading TLD to check the saves I got this message (see screenshot).

keKiCK.jpg

I chose the one with today's date(that said this console, not the cloud) and my saved game was fine, exactly where and how I left it. Also note the date on the cloud save file. That 5/25/2013 again.

Possibly this has something to do with it. Anyway, good luck and God speed!

One game I`m now on day 93, I started in ML, walk to CH, then to DP and back to CH.

My save works correctly.

Have two other game day 66 and day 7.

But I have deleted all with the update, also the cloud and reinstall new.

At my older saves (that now deleted) I was make a mistake, just reinstall the game and forget the cloud.

The syncro starts automatically and only let me play, when I download the files from the cloud.

After finish and play a while my save was reverting back.

So I was the first time trying to delete the cloud.

After I done so I never had the save-issue again.

My longest game are now over 90days.

2) Start up TLD

4) Load a game

7) Start up TLD

Thank you

We were hit with this bug yesterday after crossing from Mystery Lake through the Dam into Winding River. Went from 15 days and it reverted to 2 days in the camp office. I loaded up that game and ran for the river again to see if I could replicate the bug. The save game displayed just fine for Winding River when I slept in the bedroll and quit, but then I rebooted the xbox, and it was gone, back to exactly the same save point as when I started this test.

Last night, before I read the forums here, we started a new game as well... but are not ready to test this transition bug out again with the character. Is this something that will happen on any save now? So, we can not play the game? It was very disheartening :( I wouldn't mind playing in ML for a while, but if a fix comes and we are told we need to reinstall/delete our saved games, I don't want to spend the time on it.

Hoping for a fix for this soon, or if you have any other suggestions please let us know.

I am only saving to the console, I've never used the cloud, if that means anything. Also, we only just got the game on Oct 17, so have always been on v.281 I believe?

Thank you!

I hope you guys can fix this as i dont really want to delete my 218 day stalker run :(

But also wanted to say that i think it is a sync issue.

As i lost 2hrs of play on friday night. Then when i played on saturday i kept saving turning off and reloading my save , just to make sure everything was fine until i get up today go to load my save and its reverted back another 3 hrs lost :( the strange thing was that its webt back to earlier saves than the ones that i checked and loaded up just fine before turning off the console . Also i think its either long play times as in rl time not survival time or moving through coastal highway thats doing it as i went tfrom ml to dp for about 35x arrow heads and 12xbirch saplings which ive now lost and each time my save reverted to jutb before entering ch

Oh and also just want to say, i love this game and am totally hooked, you guys have done a fantastic job, and i cannot wait for full release almost as much as fallout. But please fix this soon as i cant play the game like this ,its just too disheartening to keep losing all your hard work and gear

So I just ran into this problem again, here was my scenario...

Spawned in PV, and set up camp at the farm house, clearing out most of the gear at the barn on the way there. After about 3 days I set off for the radio/signal tower. I stayed there for about 2 days and then went back to the farm house, finding a food cache and clearing some other loot spawns on the way back. I stay at the farmhouse hunting and sleeping etc for about 5 days then head up to the rural shop area. Then I trudge back to the barn over encumbered and collapse in my bed roll for sleepy time....

...mistakes were made as I mirrored my character and decided to have a break for a while and my Xbox shut itself off after about an hour while the game was paused. I have just turned it back on and my save has reverted back to the radio/signal tower, about a 3rd of the save lost.....

...there goes the zone theory, as I never set foot outside of Pleasant Valley.

Just a note, not sure how relevant it is but I deleted a lot of my old games from my Xbox to check if it was a memory issue, I went from about 82% used down to 30%, and it didnt make a difference, so if anyone is tempted to do this don't waste your time....

Edit: It would be awesome if you could some how remove the "Save issue resolved" thread from the top of the bug list as its quite infuriating to see every time I visit the forum. I understand that the devs thought they had fixed the problem and maybe it has for some, buts its not been fixed for many of us and the salt starts to pour when I see that...

Edit: Kinda wish I had got the PC version and seriously weighing it up right now as they don't seem to have this issue, any chance of a swap Hinterland??

Hey all. Wondering if we have an update on this. I've been having some of the same issues everyone else has. This game is awesome and I get excited when I die knowing that I can start a new game and learn from my mistakes. It's not nearly as exciting to re trace my previous two gaming sessions to get back to where I was when the Delorean hit 88 MPH.

I've deleted the saves, checked that i'm updated. Not sure what to do (if anything) going forward.

Hey all. Wondering if we have an update on this. I've been having some of the same issues everyone else has. This game is awesome and I get excited when I die knowing that I can start a new game and learn from my mistakes. It's not nearly as exciting to re trace my previous two gaming sessions to get back to where I was when the Delorean hit 88 MPH.

I've deleted the saves, checked that i'm updated. Not sure what to do (if anything) going forward.

Don't hold your breath buddy, its been this way for a month now. I check back here every day for an update, but very rarely do they address this GAME BREAKING ISSUE!! I got fed up of waiting and purchased the game off steam 2 days ago, then find that the game is 33% off today.

Thanks Hinterland

So we started a new game and were being careful to not exit the game or reboot the xbox (kept it paused/in sleep mode) to avoid it reverting, but your v.282 patch forced the game to quit, and yet again we lost our save. I see that this update doesn't even fix the save bug. Thanks? So disheartening and leaving a sour feeling for a game we were starting to love otherwise. At some point we are going to quit, never come back and stop recommending this to others. You say it is a top priority, but it has been an issue for a while and it is the most important part of playing a long term game like this. When will this be fixed? Thank you.

Archived