ChillPlayer streaming now on Twitch

ChillPlayer

As soon as the update will be ready I'm going to broadcast my first steps into the new map. I'm at day 35ish in Stalker, fully prepped, waiting on Jackrabbits until it's released. Join me if for some reason you're not able to play the game yourself right now.

On steam: long dark -> community hub -> broadcast -> ChillPlayer

Or subscribe to The Long Dark Streaming Group on Steam to get notified when I stream: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tld-s

Hope I will survive at least a day :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Streaming in about 10 minutes again. Today on the menu, day 80ish in stalker: clearing Gaz Station and Waterfront in CH, maybe have some fun with the torch and if there'll be enough time I'll go for the 4th bear in PV, craft myself a bedroll, go back to CH to sleep out on the frozen sea and see what happens :D

Streaming in 10 mins, todays priority: survive... I've no more food, there's no wildlife to find so I'll go to the only fishing hut in PV and get me some fish, and then hopefully some bear, those 30kg would come very handy :D

Join the madness as I am approaching day 100, hopefully without ending up as bear fodder ;)

Well that didn't end well, died after 102 days on the foot of Jackrabbit Island. In the most stupid way imaginable, I shot a deer/wolf, harvested the deer and then the wolf. All during a blizzard while already being at 40%, when I took the wolfs meat it made zzzumm and 40% condition was reduced to 1% in two seconds. We were all quite shocked including me, I just survived several blizzards in a row while crossing from PV to CH, I had just got a source for 14kg meat and then this...

As I wrote in another thread, stupidity is the nr 1 killer in this game, not wolves ;)

[EDIT]: forgot to mention: started a new game in ML, already cleared half of the map including fluffy, will continue streaming tomorrow ;)

Streaming again in about 30 minutes, today: Clearing what's left in ML, get enough material for cloths, bunker hunting and wolf testing, especially Lake Trail. Depending on how long this takes, maybe transition to CH. Fluffy is already dead though, I took care of this cutie on my last stream ;)

Well that didn't end well. Had a handfight with the 4th bear, survived 2-3 more days in cave nearby constantly near 10% hunted by blizzards. When I finally got some meat I went back to the cave during a blizzard and found my fire extinguished although it had wood to burn for 6 more hours (this seems to be bugged - when I stay by the fire it never goes out, when I leave the cave it's always out). I still had 12% condition, I noticed that my "cold" is getting down and decided to sleep for an hour. When I woke I was freezing and out of tinder, died while trying to forage on day 85. I had already a bad feeling, the 4th bear's environment was what killed me almost the last time. Once you're in low condition and get trapped by blizzards you need all the favors of the gods to get out of there alive - this time they were against me :(

I think I need a break now from the game lol. Not for long, just 1-2 days but there'll be no stream this evening - most likely :lol:

Alright I killed enough Nazis in Wolfenstein, ready to start a new game. I am going to start in ML but this time I'm aiming for the longshot, I'll try to avoid risks and keep focused more on the game than on the stream, I also won't do any deliberate testing with wolves as I used to in previous runs, because every wolf fight tears my cloths appart. But there will be still enough action, I'll try to limit the boring parts (like eat/sleep for weeks) to times where I'm not broadcasting.

Okay then, stream on in about 10 minutes - 183 days is the mark I have to beat :D

I just ended my latest Stalker game (day 62) - was going after bear #4, shot him, I jumped too far down to avoid him, and he ran around the other way, mauled me. I was at 9%, needed to head for shelter, had the radio tower in sight, and decided to go through a wolf instead of waiting. Apparently your aim isn't quite as good at 7% as it is at 100%, so he ignored my bullet and tore into me.

Streaming in about 10 minutes, Day 52 Stalker CH. I think I visited everything in ML and CH but still didn't get the achievement, so I'm migrating over to PV and get me some beer, err. bear :D Come and join the madness, PV always makes for some interesting situations, especially when on a bear hunt ;)

Streaming again in about 30 minutes, Day 108, PV. I have only 6 bullets but still most of PV left to clear, I just hope that I will find more ammo because there are yet two more bears to kill, which without ammo is quite risky ;) This means I will try to stay out of the way of wolves as much as possible.

Yesterday's stream was crazy, up to 30 people in the channel were watching how I stumbled from one near-death experience into the next, all due to blizzards and a single bear. The bear is dead now but so am I - almost. It ripped apart my clothes, the remaining ones got gnawed away from blizzards, my temp bonus right now is 4°C and I'm pinned by blizzards to the fish hut in Unnamed Pond PV :shock:

There's still a good 15KG of meat to get from the bear to the hut, cook/eat/sleep until I'm probably completely naked, then find a blizzard free window where I can escape the hut and reach Farmstead without freezing to death, then get me some leather and one more wolf pelt to craft me cloths, maybe some rabbit too for mittens. When I succeeded to make all this there's still the issue that I have only 6 bullets left and cleared pretty much every location in all 3 maps and my food supplies won't hold for more than 2 weeks.

So all in all, a typicall workday in TLD hell... Streaming in about 10 minutes, Day 122 PV, come join the madness :twisted:

Streaming in about 20 minutes, Day 128 ML. I managed to get somehow down the mountain almost completely naked, with only a thin sweater and wool socks on, crafted me some deer boots and picked up the marina coat I had lying around. Went back to ML which has a clothing bunker but sadly all I found there were wool socks and thin sweater. Well plus a Torque yey ;)

Had to shoot 2 wolves and have only 4 bullets now left. Bet is on for how long I'll survive, I won't give up and do whatever it takes to survive but I fear I won't last much longer, 25 more days would be around the maximum I can get from the bullets and then I have to rely on handfighting wolves, fish or rabbit. I expect to die around day 150... :twisted:

Streaming in about 10 minutes, Day 144 ML. To my own astonishement I'm still kicking, sitting in a fishing hut living only of fish and sleeping on my comfy bear bed roll. I did some testing with it yesterday and spent a whole night sleeping on it out on the frozen lake, I got not attacked nor did a wolf approach my fishing hut yet. I am waiting for a deer to come into my sight so I can put good use to my last bullet. After this I'll probably go back to PV and check for bunkers with Hylanders map, I still haven't found it and there's a 1:8 (9?) chance that the rifle bunker spawned. Better odds than trying to live off handfighting wolves :D

This run turns out to be the craziest ever. For more than 20 days I lived from handfighting wolves, then I went again to PV for the bunker but didn't find it, guess I have the 9th which wasn't found yet. But along the way I found 6 bullets around day 160 and that's a complete game changer ;) I managed to get a pair with every bullet so far except for one where I didn't hit the wolf. But just before I logged off I got 2 wolves and a deer with a single bullet, second wolf brought down to 10% in a fight.

Now I have meat in the fridge to live another week or two and still 3 bullets left. 200 is totally reachable, 175 it is right now, 8 days short of my personal record of 183 days.

I continue the run tomorrow saturday, around 9pm MET (GMT+1), see me fail or succeed, now everything's possible :D

Archived