Accurize2 - YouTube Let's Play Series'

I plan on using this thread to post link to new videos I create for The Long Dark. My channel is all about survival gaming and this one seems custom made for my site and for me personally! Finally a game that does just survival...and it's done RIGHT!

Those of you who don't have access to the backer area of the forum. Let me tell you the devs are VERY hard at work and VERY involved with the community. These guys/gals: 1. Know what they're doing. 2. Have a clear, achievable vision. 3. Are working hard (expect Steam to get blown away on release date - this will top the charts...mark my words)

I hope these Let's Play series keep you happy until you can get your hands on a copy in Sept. As always, likes, comments and subscribes are always welcomed!

[align=center]The Long Dark / First Look -- I explain the game a bit...get killed a bit...good times![/align]

[bBvideo 420,255:14fhxtgf]

[/bBvideo]

[align=center]Life 1 / Episode 1 -- My first serious attempt at the 5-day survival challenge[/align]

[/bBvideo]

[align=center]Life 2 / Episode 1 -- Weather becomes a bit of a worry in this series.[/align]

[/bBvideo]

[align=center]Life 3 / Episode 1 -- Livestream Event -- A new strategy & some GREAT viewers keeping me straight![/align]

[/bBvideo]

[align=center]Life 4 / Episode 1 -- I get started right and have a good strategy. Looking to get my 10-day survival challenge achievement with this life.[/align]

[/bBvideo]

[align=center]Life 5 / Episode 1 -- I completely review the NEW MAJOR UPDATE!! We are rocking v.083 and lovin' it.[/align]

[/bBvideo]

[align=center]Life 6 / Episode 1 -- Again, lots of new gameplay updates in v.094/.095. Time to find the elusive SECRET LOCATION...BEGIN![/align]

[/bBvideo]

Thanks for the nice comments above! It keeps me motivated during these long nights of blizzards and 63 MPH winds...

Surprisingly, I start this life right right where I died in the previous life. Enjoy my struggles you sadistic viewers!

[bBvideo 420,255:3b6f71ch]

[/bBvideo]

Thanks! They are a lot of fun to create also. The extra exposure on the site you've given has been extremely helpful. I plan on doing a livestream the next time I get a few solid hours free. Also, I have a really snarky title for the next time I feel I get Hinter'ed or Raph'ed and die of an illness. Furthermore, the community here is top notch and they have been very motivating. So I am just sitting down to start life 3 with a whole new strategy.

Ok, less talk. More survival (attempts)!

Here is Life 2 Episode 2 in the meantime...

[bBvideo 420,255:1wbmn84y]

[/bBvideo]

I take a break in this one from the long Let's Plays and hit the cool and funny parts of this particular life / failed attempt... and just when I thought the wolves were starting to like me. :cry:

[bBvideo 420,255:3ichx0k4]

[/bBvideo]

Alright, so the weight and calorie breakdowns I promised on your YouTube page:

Weight Numbers (Fire-related items have burn duration and success percentage added, Food items have calories and calories per pound added. Reclaimed Wood with lighter and tinder has base of 40% to light, various tinders don't seem to effect success percentages)

Total of 66 Capacity (Goes to 33 Capacity when exhausted)

[table=][tr=][td]Rifle[/td][td]8.8 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Rifle Ammo[/td][td]1.1 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Hatchet[/td][td]3.3 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Crowbar[/td][td]4.4 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Bedroll[/td][td]2.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Flare[/td][td]0.6 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Heavy Bandage[/td][td]0.6 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Compression Bandage__[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Antibiotics (5)[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Antiseptic[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Painkillers (5)[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Can Opener[/td][td]0.6 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Sewing Kit[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Simple Tools[/td][td]2.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerry Can (Full)[/td][td]7.0 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Storm Lantern (Full)[/td][td]4.0 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Leather[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Cloth[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Tinder Plug[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Newsprint[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Paper Roll[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Accelerant [/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td][/td][td]+40%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reclaimed Wood[/td][td]1.1 lbs[/td][td]1 Hour[/td][td]BASE 40%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cedar Wood[/td][td]2.2 lbs[/td][td]1.5 Hours__[/td][td]+24%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fir Wood[/td][td]3.3 lbs[/td][td]2 Hours[/td][td]+12%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fire Log[/td][td]4.4 lbs[/td][td]2 Hours[/td][td]+17%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Water (0.5 gal)[/td][td]~4.4 lbs__[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]MRE[/td][td]1.1 lbs[/td][td]2500 cal[/td][td]2272 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Pork and Beans[/td][td]0.6 lbs[/td][td]850 cal[/td][td]1416 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Canned Peaches[/td][td]0.6 lbs[/td][td]450 cal[/td][td]750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Candy Bar[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td]200 cal[/td][td]1000 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Energy Bar[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td]450 cal[/td][td]2250 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Beef Jerky[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td]350 cal[/td][td]1750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Soda (Various)[/td][td]0.2 lbs[/td][td]350 cal[/td][td]1750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Raw Venison[/td][td]3.3 lbs[/td][td]1250 cal[/td][td]378 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Coked Venison[/td][td]2.2 lbs[/td][td]1000 cal[/td][td]454 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Raw Wolf Meat[/td][td]2.2 lbs[/td][td]1000 cal[/td][td]454 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cooked Wolf Meat[/td][td]2.2 lbs[/td][td]1000 cal[/td][td]454 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][/table]

Mucking About Carry List:

5000~6000 calories worth of food

Can Opener

2 Flares

.5 gal of water

Compression Bandage

Antibiotics

Heavy Bandage

2 hours of firewood

Matches (weight negligible)

2 tinders

2 accellerants

Bedroll

Storm Lantern

Optional - Hatchet and/or Crowbar

Total so far: 13.2 lbs without food or wood

15.4 lbs +2 Reclaimed Wood

19.3 lbs +Hatchet

20.4 lbs +Crowbar

23.7 lbs +Hatchet & Crowbar combined

Now for the meat of it: TRAVELLING FOOD!

Let's say your food stores are currently thus:

[table=][tr=][td]1 Cooked Venison__[/td][td]2.2 pounds__[/td][td]1000 calories__[/td][td]378 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]3 Pork and Beans[/td][td]1.8 lbs[/td][td]2550 cal[/td][td]1416 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]3 Canned Peaches[/td][td]1.8 lbs[/td][td]1350 cal[/td][td]750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]3 Sodas (Various)[/td][td]0.6 lbs[/td][td]1050 cal[/td][td]1750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]2 Beef Jerkies[/td][td]0.4 lbs[/td][td]700 cal[/td][td]1750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]2 Candy Bars[/td][td]0.4 lbs[/td][td]400 cal[/td][td]1000 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Totals[/td][td]7.2 lbs[/td][td]7050 cal[/td][td]979 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][/table]

So just over 7000 potential calories at 7 pounds. Not too bad, this kind of inventory can go up or down depending on luck. However, is it efficient for travel, after all the more you're carrying the more calories you're burning. Now I don't have the game and nobody has done a calories burned per pound breakdown either here or on youtube, so I can't go into specific numbers reliably. However, consider this alternate loadout...

[table=][tr=][td]3 Pork and Beans__[/td][td]1.8 pounds__[/td][td]2550 calories__[/td][td]1416 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]1 Canned Peaches[/td][td]0.6 lbs[/td][td]450 cal[/td][td]750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]3 Sodas (Various)[/td][td]0.6 lbs[/td][td]1050 cal[/td][td]1750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]2 Beef Jerkies[/td][td]0.4 lbs[/td][td]700 cal[/td][td]1750 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]2 Candy Bars[/td][td]0.4 lbs[/td][td]400 cal[/td][td]1000 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][tr][td]Totals[/td][td]3.8 lbs[/td][td]5150 cal[/td][td]1355 cal/lbs[/td][/tr][/table]

For 2000 less calories, you cut your food carry weight nearly in half while increasing your calorie per pound carried. As currently food decays at the same rate, it'd be better to save your Animal Meats and Peaches for when you return, because they have poor calorie to pounds ratios. Sodas are par with Jerky, and 3 sodas offer twice as many calories than one can of Peaches. As thus, they make excellent travel food for when you want to save the heavy foods for blizzard holdouts at a specific place.

So with 3.8 pounds of 5000 calorie foods, the total carry weight of the Mucking About loudout becomes 19.2lbs without the optional Hatchet or Crowbar. This is both well below the Exhaustion penalty weight restriction, and it'll save you calories as you're mucking about the wilderness for loot.

Additionally, For mucking about you want to carry unspoiled ready-to-eat food with high calorie to weight ratios (energy bars, jerky, sodas) that doesn't require a tool or fire (canned food and uncooked meat) when you head out. So as for what you're hoarding your soda for? You're hoarding them for mucking about outside.

Hopefully this give you and some other early access players something to think about and better survive during their gameplay.

EDIT: fixed tables for easier reading

Frickin' GOLD MINE right here in the last two posts! :shock:

Thanks for the guidance BinkyATX and robdoar:D

Oh, Rob Doar, you got credit for the longest time survived in my First Look video at the start about 58 seconds in. I think I saw you held the record at 17+ days.

Archived