Moron vs The Wild (My Long Dark LP)

KamikazeCDN

Hey all, I just recently started playing this game and I'm already in love with it. I'm actually still a mega noob with it but I still decided to start up an LP on the game, learning along the way. That said I'd love some tips and tricks from those who have been playing much longer than I have.

[bBvideo 560,340:1bg8chg7]

[/bBvideo]

Some simple tips:

- use the "TYPE" filter in your inventory to categorize the list of items, much easier to find stuff that way

- you don't need to (and indeed you can't) cook MRE's (1750 calories of yummy goodness)

- use the equip keys (1, 2, and 3) to fast-equip a flare, the lantern, or the rifle. They also put that item away if you have it equipped

- you can eat fresh (> 75% condition) raw meat without much issues most of the time, but you're better off being close to a bed (and having some antibiotics) just in case you get food poisoning

- don't leave your lantern burning all night - you wasted half a liter of fuel for nothing

- just because a wolf is chasing you, you don't need to fight or scare it off - you can run faster than they can when they are just stalking you, so at the end you could have just kept running across the bridge and gone into the dam building

- when you are freezing, try and avoid doing things outside that make the clock spin (harvesting) - your condition drops like a stone

All in all, pretty entertaining to watch - please continue...

Hi there' we'll definitely watch your letsplay and we will post some feedback and tips if that's ok :) pls join our discussions too we would like to hear from you (questions or suggestions you may have for the game) welcome.to the forum KamikazeCDN! :) you moron hahaha kidding :D

-Justin bitter

Thanks pal, I gladly welcome some tips and tricks. I'm aware of how much of a derp that I am haha. And I'll be sure to join in on all the chats that happen here.

Some simple tips:

- use the "TYPE" filter in your inventory to categorize the list of items, much easier to find stuff that way

- you don't need to (and indeed you can't) cook MRE's (1750 calories of yummy goodness)

- use the equip keys (1, 2, and 3) to fast-equip a flare, the lantern, or the rifle. They also put that item away if you have it equipped

- you can eat fresh (> 75% condition) raw meat without much issues most of the time, but you're better off being close to a bed (and having some antibiotics) just in case you get food poisoning

- don't leave your lantern burning all night - you wasted half a liter of fuel for nothing

- just because a wolf is chasing you, you don't need to fight or scare it off - you can run faster than they can when they are just stalking you, so at the end you could have just kept running across the bridge and gone into the dam building

- when you are freezing, try and avoid doing things outside that make the clock spin (harvesting) - your condition drops like a stone

All in all, pretty entertaining to watch - please continue...

Thanks a lot. Some of this stuff I have actually figured out just from continued play but there is also a few that I didn't know yet either so I can certainly apply that to the next session I play.

And I'm most certainly going to continue playing, I actually just posted the second episode up today as well. Where I of course continue to make rookie mistakes haha.

Archived