wild genseing

caverdude

Can we add wild genseing to the game? Tea for energy booste.

It's not really a winter harvested root...

"The seeds are planted in the summer or fall when they are still immature. After planting, the warm soil assists the maturation process, which is completed by the arrival of cold temperatures in winter. The next spring, the seed is ready to germinate, sending a small shoot upwards through the soil and mulch. When it reaches daylight, the shoot unfolds and expands, producing 3 saw tooth-edged leaves that attach to a single point at the top of the stem. After the shoot has grown to its full height of about 4” above the mulch, no further shoot or leaf growth happens that first growing season."

Source: The Associated Ginseng Growers of British Columbia

As well, there are already Coffee and Tea drinks in the game, so I'm not sure if enough different value would be created for adding all the coding needed to put it into the game... perhaps it might be a better fit in the Spring gameplay sequel.

I agree the root itself might not be practical, but capsules could be. They provide energy/prevent fatigue, and can be used to improve cognitive function (though this effect is brought on by long-term use) and as an anti-inflammatory.

Not sure how many natural curatives (in pill form) will make their way into the game, but this might at least provide a compromise for your suggestion :)

Can we add wild genseing to the game? Tea for energy booste.

It's not really a winter harvested root...

"The seeds are planted in the summer or fall when they are still immature. After planting, the warm soil assists the maturation process, which is completed by the arrival of cold temperatures in winter. The next spring, the seed is ready to germinate, sending a small shoot upwards through the soil and mulch. When it reaches daylight, the shoot unfolds and expands, producing 3 saw tooth-edged leaves that attach to a single point at the top of the stem. After the shoot has grown to its full height of about 4” above the mulch, no further shoot or leaf growth happens that first growing season."

Source: The Associated Ginseng Growers of British Columbia

As well, there are already Coffee and Tea drinks in the game, so I'm not sure if enough different value would be created for adding all the coding needed to put it into the game... perhaps it might be a better fit in the Spring gameplay sequel.

Well you quoted agricultural genseing. Plants are found in shady areas near base of bluffs. Root size would depend on age. I guess in winter stem of plant might be visible.

the root would be buried in snow and frozen ground-- I suspect the time and calories required to harvest it would out weigh any potential benefits.

Unless the OP is referring to a seasonal change. If the ice melts, only the devs know what new edibles will abound.

fair enough, though any suggestion of this sort is pure speculation at this point. As much as I think it would be great :)

more to the point, ginseng grows in eastern North America, but TLD takes place somewhere in BC (as far as can be told so far).

the root would be buried in snow and frozen ground-- I suspect the time and calories required to harvest it would out weigh any potential benefits.

Unless the OP is referring to a seasonal change. If the ice melts, only the devs know what new edibles will abound.

fair enough, though any suggestion of this sort is pure speculation at this point. As much as I think it would be great :)

more to the point, ginseng grows in eastern North America, but TLD takes place somewhere in BC (as far as can be told so far).

I knew it grew in Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama and Florida but I never though about looking for it. I sent an email to my parents who live on a lake in Arkansas and my mother said you can find it growing wild in the empty lot next to her house. She told me the had to forage for it, on occasion when she was a child, for medicinal poultices. Kinda cool, the back country medicine.

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Sup ... xperts-say

Archived