"The Ravine" instant deaths. Not Necessary.

CuteBeaver

I'm slightly irritated by The Ravines instant deaths.

There are plenty of ways to get down to the bottom unscathed. However at a certain point you just flop over and die on the spot. Its not like I am falling or chucking myself off the elevated rail tracks here.

Please Hinterland, do something neat with The Ravine! :D Let gravity naturally do its thing with the elevated rail tacks. You don't need an arbitrary death field. As long as there is only one way to reach Coastal Highway using the elevated tracks from Mystery Lake your fine.

I think players would appreciate a tree branch adventure, rock navigation. You could hide things down there for us to find. Having more places to explore for random loot is fun! What about another rail car down at the bottom? If risk of falling in the ravine was like a mini game it would be awesome. Its like asking yourself how badly do you want to get to that backpack? Enough to walk across that downed tree branch over a 40 foot drop? Oh did you see a dead hunters corpse at the bottom? Best find a safe way down those rocks... hope you don't sprain an ankle... Otherwise your stuck down there until it heals up xD. Seriously you guys could do so much. Then there is also the experience of trying to find your way upwards too. Lets face it going into that mess your not entirely sure if there getting out is even possible. Don't make it obvious, and let panic set in.

Also, I'm not saying put a cabin down there. Its remote. If you had to maybe a small cave (or the train car) an explorer could use for shelter just in case they honestly can't figure a way back up quickly enough. Id recommend the pathway up be farther away from the tracks since its human nature to try and climb closest to the entry point.

Brainstorming aside its something that did actually bother me. I hate feeling like I can't explore places.

~Cheers

Archived