V.183 Bunker / hatch spawn locations

Belladonna

Hiya all!

I know there has been some discussion on bunker/hatch spawn locations in recent versions, even hints from Hinterlandians that they may spawn on another map I.e. Coastal Highway as opposed to Mystery Lake. Having said that, I have searched every reported location for hours looking for this hatch without success.

Can anyone confirm if they have found this erroneous hatch in the new versions v.181/2/3? If so where???

Are there any music cues when you're close?

I found one map with what appears to be coordinates and descriptions/screenshots of the previous known locations (where these coordinates come from baffles me)...

By the way, those deerskin boots ROCK!!! Ran around for days without any decay. Might be a bug... Err... Devs ignore that comment....They degrade just fine...

Lovin' the updates!! Keep up the great work!!!!

So does only one single bunker ever spawn in a sandbox game (in one of the map seed locations)? Or is it possible for more than one bunker to spawn? The bunker I found (on the end of the ridgeline near Mystery Lake, parallel on the right side of the river) had a good tools repair kit and a lot of other loot, but I've heard there are also firewood and hunting based bunkers (which is reinforced by the fact that I had the debug hud on and saw the location was called PREPPERCACHEC, implying there is also a least an A and B variety).

So is it possible there is ever more than one bunker location per sandbox game, between the two maps? Or just the one?

There is only one bunker per play, and there are (or there were, as of v.138) nine different locations it could spawn. There are 5 different bunkers types, A-F, with 4 of the 9 being type A, and the other 5 being types B-F.

Type E, for example, is the one that shows up near the dam, and it is a clothing-themed bunker.

There are a couple excellent YouTube videos that show where each bunker is and what is in each:

[bBvideo 560,340:3c3y18zw]

[/bBvideo]

(bunker locations, and more importantly how to get to each)

[bBvideo 560,340:3c3y18zw]

[/bBvideo]

(bunker contents)

- Jon

Thank you for clarifying Hylander. I guess I already found my bunker in my current (day 32) game then, as I found type C ("tool bunker" with hatchets, quality tools and extra simple tools).

More on point, you can check these excellent maps. Super handy in any occasion. I found mine on the lookout to the top left corner, last location I looked into.

afaik there's only one bunker per game, with a 100% chance of spawning somewhere.

Yes, I found this topo map to be EXCELLENT compared to most of the other maps out there (putting a couple thousand hours into DayZ made me pretty fantastic at reading topography and general orienteering).

Has anyone labeled which bunker is which type on one of these maps with bunker locations? Also, I have heard there are new locations - is this just in reference to Coastal Highway, or are there now more than 9 locations on Mystery Lake?

The three along the far west (left) side are A. The one just east of the northwest corner bunker is F. B is the one just north of the deadfall area. E is just to the west of the hydro dam. The one just southwest of the River Northern Access is another A. The one on the far east side of the map, just north-east of the River Southern Access is C. The one in the far south, south of the Western Access is D.

The three along the far west (left) side are A. The one just east of the northwest corner bunker is F. B is the one just north of the deadfall area. E is just to the west of the hydro dam. The one just southwest of the River Northern Access is another A. The one on the far east side of the map, just north-east of the River Southern Access is C. The one in the far south, south of the Western Access is D.

What do A, B, C, D and E correspond to in terms of loot/items?

Also, when you say "west" I assume you mean with the Trapper's Homestead in far southwest and Lookout / Clear Cut in northwest, right? Orientating myself has proved to be a bit of an issue so far looking at all the different maps people have made with totally different orientations.

If you watch the above videos, they make clear what the letters mean, and what loot is available in each.

My orientation is with the topo maps also linked above (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329661571&insideModal=1).

With that map, north is up, east is right. I believe that map is the correct orientation, because if you turn on the debug HUD, you see X, Height, Y coordinates, and X & Y correspond to horizontal and vertical on that map.

I saved a copy of the JPG files for both maps, and I print a new copy each time I start a new game, so I can use a highlighter to mark places I've visited.

I saved a copy of the JPG files for both maps, and I print a new copy each time I start a new game, so I can use a highlighter to mark places I've visited.

That's a great idea. See, THAT is the real mark of a fantastic game, if the players are actually using maps and pens in REAL LIFE alongside to play it. The only other game that has ever had that effect on me was in the very early mod releases of DayZ - I printed out the map of Chernarus and used to mark good loot spots and my various base locations on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. I found a bunker the other day, and was able to open up a heating vent, but there was nothing I could do. I at first assumed I could put stuff in there, but that didn't work. Then maybe a fire (since there was no stove) but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Quick question. I found a bunker the other day, and was able to open up a heating vent, but there was nothing I could do. I at first assumed I could put stuff in there, but that didn't work. Then maybe a fire (since there was no stove) but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Probably work in progress. I was also surprised that a bunker didnt have a stove, but that might change..

So, I'm on day 41 of my current run (on Stalker mode), I've cleaned out both maps and moved my base back to Trapper's Homestead. I did a one-day circle of each of the nine bunker locations, and didn't find it. I just spent 2 days in game checking each location more carefully, with the debug console turned on to make sure I reach the actual spot for each.

I can categorically state that on my current run, there either isn't a bunker, or it is in a different location than the previously reported nine locations.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to spend the next little while exploring other hills/mountains, to see if I can stumble across it in a new location.

There's a bug from someone who claims the entrance of one of the bunkers is inside the mountain since the last updates, making it impossible to see or access. That could be the case. I know for sure I found the bunker before the updates and can't find it anymore, so I'm guessing that's what happened to me.

I have it from one of the early alpha testers that they didn't change the bunker locations. There are no new spawn points. The bunker is still guaranteed to be in the game at one of the 9 locations. So it's clearly not working as it should, seeing as how many people can't find the bunker anymore.

Well, I've certainly found bunkers in v.183 runs -- just not the current run I'm on.

It may be that one of the old locations was "buried" when they did a little landscaping on one of the updates.

I'm going to go around and check the height on each spot, see how they compare to what was there before.

Is it possible some hatches could be buried after a blizzard. I think I remember killing a deer and having to leave it due to a blizzard. When I returned I didn't find the deer carcass and I assumed it was buried by snow.. could that also happen to hatch openings temporarily?

How long did you wait to go back? I think after 1.5 or 2 days the corpses decompose beyond edibility and thus disappear. I'm not sure because most of the time I've been able to harvest directly, and if I can't I either got back on time or abandoned the corpse.

I considered the snow as well but it'd be strange if it only affected hatches and corpses.

Archived