New Sandbox Update Tomorrow!!!

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

Hello all!

We know you're waiting patiently for more information about when the next update is coming. I just wanted to let you know that the team has just finished a very intensive testing cycle and we're just getting the final fixes and polish items in.

So, our ETA for the next update is tomorrow, Friday (Feb 6th), hopefully before noon PST. This is, of course, provided we don't encounter any game-breaking bugs tonight.

We've also tested the new update against a Save Game from the last update and everything seems to work fine, so we feel confident that your current Saves will continue to work, post-update.

Thanks for your patience, and keep an eye out for tomorrow's update.

In the mean time, here's a little teaser to keep you going...

- Raphael

TheLongDark_NewRegionTease_Tower.thumb.j

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeeee!!! :D:D That"s realy very wonderful news,Raph! :D I"m also so excited and this teaser pic is so....opens so many questions,lol.I cannot stop asking inside myself,what kind of new region there it will be,what kind of great stuff update will bring to us. :) This pic makes me wondering if there will realy be eternal night in that new region,lol.Maybe just brighter,so we would be able to see things arround us,but still dark.That would be realy a challenge. :)

Anyway,I believe in you,guys and I"m sure the new update will rock! Keep on this fantastic work.And kep in mind,that we,players,love u and admire your work,as well you have all our support.

This is my first posting since coming to this sight over two months ago....which shows I am a little slow on the uptake. I have to admit the game is very addictive so far and I am loving it. As of yesterday I managed to make it to 58 days plus. mind you that was not in the Stalker scenario. I was hoping to stay alive to the newest update, but alas, I was attacked twice at the bottom of Rabbit Island....I bandaged myself up..swallowed some antibiotics...tripped into the house at the top of the hill and took some much needed rest. Being short on meat I decided to head back down to the wolf kill I made and harvest Fluffy's carcass for some much needed nourishment, pop over to a fishing hut cook it up...catch some fish, then head out again. Instead I got attacked on the way down to the icy lake surface...fought the bastard off...bandaged myself up...doused my wound with anti infectent...walked over to dead fluffy and started to harvest....I died right there....Frozen in the snow....I forgot that my clothes were tattered from all the attacks and I paid the price. Now for all you players our there you will find my frozen body laying on the north side of Rabbit Island...Please come and pick me of all my goodies and wish me luck in Valhalla.

I have managed to bring two people on board and they are loving the game as much as I do.

By the way....for all of you who may care I live on a small island just a very short ferry ride from Cumberland which is the playing ground Hinterland.

Can't wait for the update today so I can get on with it and perhaps I will try to stay alive this time.

Good luck all

It's 11:20 am here --- just re-read Raphael's post... OH! PST ? Nuuuuuuuu! LOL (Eyes roll around in head) - Is dat 2 maraw in mah time? Shucks...

Maybe it's a cell tower .... but .... I think...maybe .... its a radio tower?

As for new wildlife- I hope it's fox! Ones we can tame and befriend. :) Den we wun be so lonely ....

LOL- Consider me nabbed :)

Yes- the radio tower- I too am looking forward to that. Hopefully more than static from that bucket of ancient bolts and nuts... but wouldn't that be something for the story?

Looks like I'm gonna get the new version within the next two hours. How will we know it's changed over? Do we have to download something new? Anyone up to date in the game yet?

Looks like I'm gonna get the new version within the next two hours. How will we know it's changed over? Do we have to download something new? Anyone up to date in the game yet?

It's more like 2.5 hours from now on and I'd think it's the earliest we can hope for to get it. I guess when you start the game an update will be downloaded et voila, happy exploring ;)

LOL- Consider me nabbed :)

Yes- the radio tower- I too am looking forward to that. Hopefully more than static from that bucket of ancient bolts and nuts... but wouldn't that be something for the story?

Yes. Probably you get steam update :)

Archived