Clothing decreasing inside a fishing hut with fire

STFU

Guest Alan Lawrance

Double checked this -- if you're occluded from wind, the damage effects to clothing from a blizzard should not apply. My theory is the wind happened to be blowing in directly through the door to the fishing hut.

We may need to add support for a wind occlusion region, which could be useful in other cases.

I think even if the wind was blowing straight into the hut, it should at the very least do less damage. The wind will never be as hard inside the hut as outside standing in the open. The air in the hut will act as a buffer since it has no where to go because of the walls. A wind occlusion region sounds like it would solve this.

Hmm.. This would explain why all of my clothes dropped in "health" after a fishing-trip for 5 hours. I have to agree that it is really weird that clothes get ruined just because you are freezing, it would in real life take many many years for clothes to break because of extreme windblowing.

Wolf-fight I get, but not the wind. Clothes shouldn't degrade just because the health does, it doesn't make sense.

I find this a problem too. In most cases you can't hunker in a fishing hut during a blizzard. It ruins your clothing just as much as running blind inside one so I might as well be moving to somewhere safe. Feels counter productive for a survival situation. It also makes fishing a lot less reliable as you must manage the wood in your fire, (harvesting and putting it in the stove) hoping you get a decent enough catch that won't waste your time, cooking the fish you catch, watching your hunger/thirst if you get unlucky and on top of that, worry about your clothes being ruined.

I've been ice fishing before and it didn't end with me running half naked and starving through a blizzard just to get somewhere safe ;)

Hey,

I got a weird experience, all my clothes worn out because I was experiencing a blizzard but I was in a fishing hut with fire up. It seems logical that clothes doesn't decay in that case isn't it ?

I've been meaning to write up a list of exploits/bugs/unintended stuff I've found. One thing I found specific to this situation: you can take all your clothes off if you have the fire going inside an ice hut. You'll be as snug as a bug in a rug.

This leads to a rather glaring issue where you can forage wood by hand and boil water with almost no downside. The only limiting factor is fatigue, which is not really much of an issue. When it's nice out, you can forage six fir logs over two hours, which burn for over seven hours total. You can stock the fire up for a few hours, eat and sleep in your bed roll and get that fatigue gone.

I too get naked when ice fishing... I put my good clothes in the drawer and let the boys out to play... ya the glitch/bug part occurs when I forage for wood and melt snow and boil water naked with impunity... it took me several tries before I realized that my clothes all got ruined (2-3 pieces) while sitting in a fish hut dipping a line... at first I just decided that it wasn't worth all the effort (calories) to use fishing (repairing clothes, harvesting for cloth, actual fishing and foraging for firewood) for a sustainable diet and then I tried the snare and fish combo which seems to offset the effort somewhat

Archived