v.282 - Fires burn out rapidly

grovester

Following on from v.280's Halloween Time Never Moves bug...(which is now fixed)

v282 adds a new time issue. This time, I wandered around the area west of the barn at PV. Was getting close to nighttime, so I settled into one of the abandoned small barns, lit a fire, added enough fuel for 6 hours. Cooked a tin of beans. Tin of beans disappears. Look at the fire; it's got six minutes left.

And there's still just under an hour of daylight left eg no time had really passed.

Fires can burn our or even blow out rapidly depending on the wind. The design team is looking at various approaches they're considering and testing to possibly help warn users when fire events are changing.

If it happens again (while being aware of wind), just post back in this thread and I'll create a bug report ticket.

The "sheltered" symbol was showing, and it wasn't a rapid reduction - it was a sudden drop from 6 hours to 6 minutes whilst I was looking for my missing pork and beans in the inventory.

Have just run it again (from the same save point). Went to the same abandoned barn, lit a fire, got it to 2 hours. Cooked p&b, no issue. Went for a walk. Came back, fire still happily burning away. Added some more fuel. Had a sleep. Woke up, added some coal to get to 2-3 hours worth (fire now showing 80C!). Did something in the inventory and suddenly it's back down to 5-6 minutes left.

Add some more coal. Back up to a few hours. Mess around for a bit. Sleep. When I sleep for 1 hour the fire only reduces by 30 or so minutes. This happens a couple of times. For all this time, the sheltered symbol is showing.

Seems very random and doesn't match the experiences I've had when camping out in the past. And I've never had an item disappearing from the inventory like that. Maybe I'm going crazy but it does seem odd.

Have tested the fire barrel in the nearby barn and that seems to behave normally.

Great game, btw!

Archived