#2958 - v.280 Audio Bugs

RapidGnome

Anyone else experiencing audio bugs? Example... I can't hear the wind blowing anymore the only thing I'm hearing is the cracking of the trees and footsteps etc. Also found out that I can't hear the matches go out when I lit one up. Also noticed the lacking of the sound of water, like the falling of the water at a waterfall

So my question is, is this a known bug or something completely new because it really takes out the fun for me out of this game which is a shame I really enjoy playing it :(

Anyway thanks for helping me out!

Best regards

RapidGnome

To me it happens totally random and I can't replicate it, I did read this post a couple of days ago and remembered that it happened recently around the smaller end, pointing towards the DP transition zone, of the island with the Misanthropes Homestead. There was a hefty wind blowing, no blizzard yet tho, just the wind with the frosty look... I think its certain weather/wind conditions mixed with other sounds rather then locations causing it, I'll keep an eye and ear out in the future to gather more specific information.

I'm sure it happened on all 4 regions already.

In my case it happens every time I enter/leave a building 'too fast' in a row.

If I leave a House emmediately after entering, the Ambient-Sounds wouldn't load.

Most of the times it happens by entering and leaving one time...sometimes it happens after the second leaving.

Did notice that only while being forgetful as hell :D

EDIT:

Just checked...it happens only on DP.

I just started playing a new run of stalker and chose the female character for a change.

Now when I'm inside buildings and you can hear the wind outside, search a container and find something and she is commenting on it, the wind sound stops for a second just before she starts to speak.

I don't think it happened when I was outside and she was commenting on herself freezing.

Moin from Nothern Germany! ;)

Since last update to V.280 i have an audio bug. You can hear it in my last let's play video from Friday:

by 1:48s, 2:26s and 3:31s (i'ts the Costal Highway Map by the way)

I don't know if it's only the wind that stops for a short time. I watch out for it next time i play.

I've created a bug ticket for them to look into the various audio glitches from this thread (note: I may need to break down the thread into separate specific audio bug topics if needed by the team). Also, there is a known audio bug with weather sounds missing on the DP map (bug ref #2904).

Bug Report Ticket #2958 issued

Thank You :)

Archived