#2904/#2958 - DP v.280 No Weather Sound Effects

random calliope

In Desolation Point I ran into two instances where the sound of weather didn't play at all. The wind was blowing, I was freezing, but there were no weather effect sounds. This occurred coming out of the ship, until I went back in and out again. It also occurred during a hike past the lighthouse, on the lake side, and continued until I got into the mine that goes to Coastal Highway. I haven't noticed this in any areas other than Desolation Point.

I experienced a similar issue so I think it may be the same bug. Coming out of the Riken I heard the internal ship sound effects (creaking hull, etc.) and no weather sound, not even in a blizzard. However, this became persistent. No matter what building i go into (lighthouse, plant or riken) I hear the appropriate sounds (including the storm raging outside) but once I go outside I can only hear my footsteps and the creaking hull. It's really freaky in white-out conditions. This has been going on for about 7 days in-game.

Mine started when I exited the ship by climbing down the ice from the deck instead going back inside and out the way I came in.

Same here: I'm inside the lighthouse in Desolation Point and I can hear the wind howling outside and creaking sounds from the building. As I go outside I see snow flakes in strong wind, but I only hear creaking sounds from the building (as if I'm still inside) and no sound at all from the wind.

PC, Win 8.1, v282 - this wind gave me -14°C windchill in DP, but no wind noise at all. All other noises seemed to be present. Hibernia Processing was creaking as if bending in the wind as well, but no wind sound going with it. Sounded strange.

56ce22f6e6111_screen_(118017932)_61a785d

Archived