No progress shown on Fight Back-meter

TWM

Okay, so I was looking at a playthrough of GelTaz, and for some reason, he's able to get the Fight Back-o-meter all the way to the right during a wolf fight by tapping LMB.

However, ever since the Desolation Point update, when I fight a wolf, the visuals show no progress, however frantically I tap LMB. The meter registers I'm tapping alright, but there's no registration of incremental increase.

This seems to be a visual issue only. Because the wolf does eventually bugger off as long as I keep jamming LMB. It's just that I have no way of knowing how well I'm doing during a fight, or if anything I'm doing is actually working.

I think this might be a bug.

output_log.txt

However, ever since the Desolation Point update, when I fight a wolf, the visuals show no progress, however frantically I tap LMB. The meter registers I'm tapping alright, but there's no registration of incremental increase.

Before I create a bug ticket, I need some clarifications about what is happening just to be sure. Are you saying there is no display bar, or is there a bar but it simply stays completely empty and unchanged the whole time?

Also, is it with every fight, or just the one occasion?

Have you checked to see if any key bindings have been changed?

Thank You

I can see a bar, and if I tap LMB I can see something registering, but visually it's like there's no progress. So instead of the bar turning white incrementally with each tap, I see some white flickering on the left extreme of the bar (so the beginnings of what would be the indication of progress in warding off the wolf); it just doesn't seem to show any build-up towards the right.

And yes, I did alter some of the key bindings, since I'm a lefty (so moving with the numpad is easier) + I'm used to the 'old' keybinding where 4 was decoy and 3 was weapon out.

Not that this seems to make any difference. I just checked: I changed all my key bindings to default, started a new run on stalker, found a wolf, fought it (twice) - same issue: I can't see how far I am in repelling the wolf attack.

I tried it with the mouse, I tried it with the x-box keypad (no difference).

The attack progress bar has compared to the earlier two-button attacks [where the progress bar would fill from LMB clicks to build strength]. Now the progress bar displays a click, but decreases (is used up) the slower you click or if you don't click - i.e. it isn't meant to stay full as you LMB click.

GELtaz is pretty good with the buttons, so it may appear like it's filling faster or more fully. ;)

Could you please attach your debug output file, and I'll create a bug report for the devs to check it. They may also need your zipped or rar'ed save game files in order to try replicating what you're seeing.

You can get the instructions for the file locations here:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7888

If preferred, you can send the files to support@hinterlandgames.com, and I'll forward them to the tech team. Please include your username from this forum, along with a link to this thread so that I match the files to the proper bug issue.

Could you please attach your debug output file, and I'll create a bug report for the devs to check it.

I thought I already attached the output_log txt in the first post. In fact it has been downloaded 1 time already.

Am I missing something?

Archived