HF v234 Fireplace/Oven/Stove Glitch

Izmeraldas

hello fellow survivors,

I really like to light up my stove and/or my chimney in the Pleasant Valley farm house. However, since the new update, the animation is bugged, and the fire slowly starts to emerge NEXT TO the fireplace. Since it is so enjoying to watch the fire grow inside the actual place, please look into this. I don´t want the sofa or the floor burning. :-)

btw: the long dark is the queen of the survival genre. never played a game like this before. keep it up!

♥ June

Also there seems to be a heat and wind barrier offset to the right of the stove in the pensive pond fishing hut. I had to huddle in the far corner near the cupboard to get any warmth from the stove and relief from windchill effects. Oops, this would be for v235

Edit - It appears the it depends on the wind direction. I now have heat and no windchill near the stove, so the collision effects of the walls must be off.

Thanks, TLD just keeps getting better and better.

I was in the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse and made a fire in the fireplace. As you can see in the amusing screenshot I took, the fireplace was illuminated, but the fire itself was located within the sofa right next to it! Clicking on the fireplace still allowed me to cook food, add fuel, and melt/boil as normal. I think the heat output was the same as well. Only the location of the fire was wrong.

(Disregard the reduced image quality of the screenshot; I had to save it with a simpler file extension so that the image could be under 850 KB.)

screen_183ee7b6-0062-4ad7-8c55-22881d6bf

I confirm, I'm also seeing this kind of glitch in PLeasant Valley Farmstead House's stove, the display shifts to the left through the wall and the fire seems to be offset to the left too.

I'm running an old save also, started before the v228 hotfix

• 2 weeks later...

I play with an old save (100 days) and I'm experiencing this glitch, I bought the game when it was v228 and it began quite quicly. When v243 was released, It brings back the farmstead bug where two different versions of the house spawn at the same place and are accessible through different doors. The fire glitch occured in only one version of the two spawned famstead: the old one. Since v244 we get our old version of farmstead (the one with our loots) so I naturaly get the glitch back too.

Archived