v.233 Issues using Previous Version Save

Liryc

A little difficult to describe. Just downloaded the update and opened my old save. Where I should have spawned in the PV main farmhouse. Expect the house wasn't there and everything looked like mars (brick red color everywhere) for 2 seconds. Then I fell to my death and the and my body appeared inside the farmhouse. :)

Edit: you also seem to see beyond the boarders of the map and the brick red background at various point of Mystery Lake. The same color as I experienced above.

Player.log

Opened my save from 2.28 in the PV farmhouse and I immediately begin plummetting infinitely through the floor. I can look up and see the house rising away from me, becoming infinetly small. Menus work, can't place a fire or bedroll. Fatigue meter going up fast like I am running even though not touching a key. Help! Was at Day 170 on my quest for 200!

Same thing happening to me in the Coastal House in the Coastal Highway. I tried several times and all but one load resulted in me dying from falling within a second or two. One load resulted in me sitting inside but on top of the house (if that makes sense) unable to move or do anything.

It breaks for leaderboards with a "Save Game Inconsistency" notice, but I have found a workaround for Windows (at least 7).

Go to the location on your hard drive where Steam has the game installed (you can find this by right clicking on the game in Steam, going to properties and then local files and clicking browse files). If you right click on the exe or one of the dlls and click properties and then previous versions. Do this until you find something that will update the whole folder (ideally). This is basically the same as going back to a restore point using System Restore but only for that folder/file.

Once you get back to the old version that way, run the game by clicking on the exe (not via Steam). This should load the older version. Load your game (this should work now) and move outside, set up the bedroll and sleep. This saves your game.

Now use Steam to update to the current version (you can trigger this by verifying game cache) and then loading your save. You should have a loaded game now.

The problem appears to occur when your saved game is inside a building. Hopefully a better workaround/bug fix that doesn't break the leaderboards will come out.

Guest Alan Lawrance

We've got a new update coming to address the indoor spawning problem.

We scaled down some of the interiors, which resulted in savegame points being potentially outside the interior. It was our mistake we overlooked this side-effect from scaling, but a fix is coming soon (tonight). The remedy is to spawn at the default starrt point for the interior, if loading from an old save.

Fired up the game after the Alpha v.233 update after having not played for about three weeks. I was wedged between the bed and wood crates in the back corner of the Prepper's Cache (see attached image). I also noticed that some inventory was dropped on the floor (but still encumbered and not exhausted) and the numbers and arrows next to various stats were flickering (calorie count was nonsense as well). Since it had been a while since I played I can't remember too many details of how I left the game but I definitely did not dump my inventory on the floor and simply went to bed to save the game once I happened upon this cache. Unable to move out of this spot even after sleeping (I wake up in the same spot) and am unable to shimmy out between the bed and box.

DXGtwZj.jpg?1

Guest Alan Lawrance

If you get v.234 (out now for PC, coming soon for Mac) -- you won't be stuck (you'll spawn at default start point).

We rescaled many interiors, so the old save points might be in bad places (you got somewhat lucky, other people were spawned outside the interior entirely!).

We dump all the loose gear from the interior at your feet, since it wouldn't be in right spot (and not be accessible)... again due to the fact the saved locations for the gear won't match up with the changed geometry.

Just found an interesting new bug. As I was going through the back door into the Quonset station a wolf spotted me and barked. I heard the bark as I was transitioning inside and once inside the bark started reverberating off the interior walls indefinitely. It continued until I logged out. (I'm using the Mac client if that matters)

Very minor issue, but the voiceovers for the female character are now male. Not sure if this is universal (i.e., that it would happen if I started a new game as a female). I do know that the game identifies the character as female because opening the medkit shows the female body on the left side.

Very minor issue, but the voiceovers for the female character are now male. Not sure if this is universal (i.e., that it would happen if I started a new game as a female). I do know that the game identifies the character as female because opening the medkit shows the female body on the left side.

Lol, my male charachter sounds very fenimine all of a sudden after last update... so the other way around

:)

Very old save

And another old save issue while I am at it.

Currently staying at Log sort in CH. Containers are searched and emtpy around the house like they should be, but the fishing huts outside is possible to search and find stuff again.

Archived