Pensive Pond Fishing Shack - 2 issues V.218

Raplet

Was exploring on Pleasant Valley. Went do to Pensive Pond, and was attacked by a wolf. So after I killed it, decided to spend the night healing up in the fishing shack.

Issue #1 - Wearing clothes good for about +20°C, and with a fire in the pot bellied stove, I was experiencing temperatures of about -8°C. Only had the blue bedroll, so I was freezing. It seems like the fire wasn't doing much. Might be by design, I don't know if the current update nerfed the fires in the fishing shacks. (I didn't think to screencap my temperature)

Issue #2 - head running during the night. Slept and froze until morning. looked at back wall of the shack, and I had a wolf's head. Shot it and killed the wolf. I did take screenshots this time.

96x96-BillTarling.thumb.jpg.d62832a712c4

wolfshot.thumb.jpg.f59bf8b250382ceb6d90b

wolfbody.thumb.jpg.51210a2a7054187a6a4f4

I almost froze to death in this hut. It's bad if the stove cannot keep you warm and you cannot start a second one nearby (cannot make fires on wood surface).

Perhaps it would be better if we could seal the huts somehow like we would do in real life, in such a small place with a stove you should not freeze to death imo. But it seems ok that you now have to work harder to stay alive outside, it's just when the temperatures drop a few degrees under the threshold, and you freeze even 10cm from a stove, then it feels a bit weird.

I almost froze to death in this hut. It's bad if the stove cannot keep you warm and you cannot start a second one nearby (cannot make fires on wood surface).

You can always make a fire just outside the door, that will increase the temp in the hut. If you position yourself in between the fires, you should still get the full benefit of both fires.

@Raplet: I like what you did to the fishing hut, decorating it with a stuffed wolf and all :P

If you notice,that you`re getting increased freezing bar,despite lit fire in stove,when you`re in fishing hut,just drink two or three cups of hot tea,so you get your freezing bar to green area.In that condition of bar is easyer to maintain warmth with stove fire.Huts basicly gives mostly protection against wind,but cold can still came inside hut,as wood,hut is made with,is not quite good isolation materia.Also,hut is placed on ice,so you get another cold boost trough the floor.Ice temperature is constantly near -15 to -20°C.So,if you are already in red area(if you are very cold and about to start freezing),before you started a fire,bar will continue to increase for quite some time.So,you need warmth boost,which you get with two or three cups of hot tea.

Also...if you think logicaly,an object needs more time to get warmth,if it is heated with fire from stove,than if it is exposed to open and direct fire from camp fire.Coz,when you lit stove,first must stove gets enough warmth,so it can then heat enough its sorroundings.I find here nothing wrong,if you need long period of time to get warmth from a stove.Campfire should be much faster warmth bonus increaser,than stove fire.

So I guess at some point the heating in the fishing huts was nerfed. I know in the past (pre-Pleasant Valley) I used to spend nights in the huts with a roaring fire and never had a problem. Blizzard or not.

I wonder if this is related to a bug I've seen before with fires in the huts actually creating a warmer spot just outside the front door.

I have just recently (v.218) stayed in the hut on Pensive Pond and survived a night in a blizzard with a fire in the stove, but... the temperature wasn't bottoming out like it sometimes does. If your temp goes down to -98 (!!!!) degrees F, a fire will only do you so much good...

It's all a function of the temperature/wind combination, and the fact that the hut isn't enclosed...

Archived