Welcome to the New Team Members from Raindrop

The Silverback

I was really glad to hear that Nihad Nasupovic and Max Ramirez have joined the team. It was disappointing that their kickstarter project for Raindrop failed - I wanted two awesome survival games. I'm sure they will contribute a lot to TLD and I look forward to playing Raindrop someday. I don't think that many companies would hire what some would consider direct competitors and help keep their project alive. Well done Hinterland.

• Hinterland

Yeah, we're thrilled to have these guys on the team! In terms of Raindrop being a direct competitor to The Long Dark, I feel more like we're sister projects. Enough that's different between us, but also a lot of spiritual similarities. For the most part when the Raindrop KS tragically did not hit its target, we all felt like it was such a shame given how much time Max and Nihad had dedicated to it over the years. And we were impressed by the immense talent that's evident in their work. So, it was the proverbial "win win".

And yes, hopefully we can find enough success with TLD to be able to help bring Raindrop to life as well. I think there's room for both projects! At the very least, we'll all learn from working together, Max and Nihad get to do what they love and pay their bills, and we all benefit from the experience of creating The Long Dark, experience which can then be applied to Raindrop and other projects we might like to do.

@Raph_Hinterland: I completely agree. There are a lot of similarities between The Long Dark and Raindrop, but both games are different enough to be two completely different games and I want them both!

And having Max and Nihad join the TLD team will make TLD better and increase the changes of Raindrop still being made one day, so it's win-win indeed.

• 2 months later...

I didn’t back the project, but I am definitly interested in this game. The look is amazing and the setting sounds interesting.

Welcome on board, Nihad and Max. I’m glad you are part of the team. Greetings from Winterthur.

Would be great to see some of the elements in TLD.

Such as? I am very curious about your thoughts.

• 5 months later...

Was truly surprised and amazed to hear Maz and Nihad were joing TLD team. Raindrop looked gorgeous and I was crushed when I heard it hadn't made it; I really, really hope it gets made. But I'm ecstatic that they get to be a part of TLD; thanks for reaching out to them (or accepting their help), their work is amazing, they'll be such an asset.

Please consider making Raindrop!

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that after just having a look at the Raindrop trailer I am more than impressed with Max and Nihad. Those two lads have more talent in the tip of their finger than I have in my whole body. My hats off to TLD on bringing them into the fold and may their combined talents propel you into a brilliant future.

Pathfinder

Denman Island, BC, not to far from Hinterlands frontier.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived