Whats your feedback on this new FORUM ??

TattooedMac

I personally have been working with @BillTarling @RobDoar @JetroKoro testing this forum so we have a better place to communicate.

I won't lie, but I hated to old Vanilla Forum, and it got old very quick. It just wasn't set up for 7000+ users and things where hard to find, follow and keep a eye on. We didn't have much to choose from as in editing wise and it was a boring place to be, which made me stay away for weeks on end in the end.

I personally like this new one, with so many editing options, and funn things to do, but most of all, its set out in a logical way, a User CP that can put you where you want, when you want.

Bill and Raph have done a great job bringing this over, and I know for a fact that @BillTarling had some sleepless nights coming up to this monday and the release of the new forum, so if you get a chance, go and thank him, because if it wasn't for him, I think we wouldn't have the community we do.

[fade]Thanks so very much Bill Tarling[/fade] [glow=red]You have done wonder's for this community[/glow]

Many thanks -- but the big hand and praise of thanks definitely needs to go out to TattooedMac, JetroKoro, and RobDoar who were an invaluable help testing things in here.

It will take a few hours to get all the emails out for the old users to reset their passwords [servers only allow 500 meilas per hour so the domains don't get listed as spam]... no worries though, I'll be up through the night sending each next batch as fast as I can.

That might also mean newly registered users might not receive notice from the baord for confirming their activation -- so I'll try to do them manually every half hour or so.

In the meantime, if you haven't receive your password reset email yet, you can try logging in with your old password (your username will be the same except remove the underscore and should be all lowercase the first time).

Example If your username was John_Smith, then your reactivating username would be johnsmith

Once logged in, you can change you name from your profile panel (top navigation bar)...

Hopefully things will run [reasonably] smoothly... if over the next 24 hours you still haven't receive a reactivation email, drop me a note at admin@hinterlandforums.com and I'll see if I can get you back in.

Thanks & Have Fun Everyone :mrgreen:

I really love the new layout and art. Finding new posts is so much more convenient and forums are once again truly a fun place to be at!

Gotta tip my hat to Bill who's done a wonderful job! Thanks for Raph and the rest of the team too to make the decision to switch over.

• Hinterland
Gotta tip my hat to Bill who's done a wonderful job! Thanks for Raph and the rest of the team too to make the decision to switch over.

Yes, tip your hat to Bill. If not for him, this wouldn't have come together.

As for me -- no thanks required. Remember, I chose Vanilla in the first place. So, let's call it even.

I received the Kickstarter Project Update email this morning and at first I was worried that the "New Community Forums" bit was another April Fool's joke. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the "Welcome to the new forum" email -- though it was in my spam folder, I'm sorry to say.

[offtopic]@tattooedmac: How did you make that text blink? I thought The Internet got rid of blinking text years ago.[/offtopic]

I received the Kickstarter Project Update email this morning and at first I was worried that the "New Community Forums" bit was another April Fool's joke. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the "Welcome to the new forum" email -- though it was in my spam folder, I'm sorry to say.

[offtopic]@tattooedmac: How did you make that text blink? I thought The Internet got rid of blinking text years ago.[/offtopic]

What ▽▽▽▽▽ he said :)GQ7CfNg.png?1

You can use various text styles to add some flavor. Just check the [fade]top bar[/fade] while typing a new post!

My favorite feature with the new forums is that it isn't blocked at work. I don't know what category the old forum fell under but I stopped being able to get to it from work about two months ago. That combined with me being at work almost all of the time, meant I couldn't be here getting excited about game. The forum looks great too.

• 2 months later...

I have to admit: This "new" forum is very cosy and comfortable. The "old" forum was interesting because of its social activity tracking. But in my personal optinion these functions put a lot of pressure on people. But back to my intention writing this post

I just want to say "thank you" to everybody who has worked on it so far (and still works of course).

And "thank you" to the people who fill up this place with their hearts, their opinions, their lifeblood. It is a pleasure to be around you, suporting "our" game.

Additional thanks to the guys from Hinterland, letting us be part of the development process of this peace of art.

By the way: Where is Emily? Has somebody seen her? I miss her. (And if I remember correctly, she was the community manager of Hinterland, right? :) )

Probably she is out for grocery shopping (ingredients for new pancakes).

Archived