Shortest survival run ever

So I finally got access to the sandbox alpha, loaded it up and eagerly launched the game.

My first spawn was right near the Dam on a bright sunny day, so I made my way into the building to reap the rich rewards. Storm lantern, water and food right off the bat - gonna rock this one. Going through the first aid kit when a low, canine shape lopes into the room behind the searching screen. All I can think is "Wolves can use doors?" when the bloody thing mauled me.

20 minutes of survival. The bar for improvement is starting pretty low.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have still not lasted over three days period, so I am one very poor survivalist, but my shortest ever was two days ago. I spawned into a pitch black night with a snow blowing storm going on so I set up in the warmest corner I could find, laid out my sleeping back for an hours sleep and proceeded to die in my fart sack totally mauled by one very happy wolf who found a nice big fat warm body to chew on.

Today wanted to see what happens if you put down your bedroll in the middle of clearcut and go to sleep. So i started a new round and spawned in just above Clearcut. Good start. So I went downhill and prepared to go to sleep.

I hadn't slept 30 mins when I woke up due to a Wolf chewing on me. I fought back and defeated the evil aggressor. and, doing what any Chuck Norris Wannabe would do, after bandaging and swallowing some antiseptics, I went back to sleep, right next to the Wolf carcass. Well what do you know, obviously the Wolf's family came out to look for him, because another half an hour later another wolf came to maul me. Freezing and already in bad condition, I was no match for the beast. Survival time: Two thirty minute naps. I hope at least he had sweet dreams.

• 2 months later...

Pretty sure you cannot beat this!

Spawned in the dark, took a few steps and heard the growl.

No game time was recorded as I died then and there. Only alive for a couple of seconds I guess!

Just found the log for this game:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1:

02:32 Wolf attack!

02:34 You died from loss of blood and shock from a wolf attack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I kept dying of thirst because I couldn't figure out how to get drinking water. So I read you can get water by melting snow if you start a fire. Next run I started a fire ASAP, but was too close, and burned to death. I think that was less than a couple of hours, quicker than a wolf mauling for me! :oops:

I had a couple of short games. Basically all because they started between 11 and 2 am. I guess starting in the middle of the night is the worst thing that can happen. I never survived until dawn when I started in the night. If you go to sleep you will get attacked a couple of times by wolves so you die anyway. But since you don't have any tools and it is pitch black at night you cannot look for the next house as well.

Archived