The Long Oregon Trail

Sandbox is fun and Story mode will be nice but how about a Oregon Trail version of this game? The wagon will be your base on the move and you gain and loose stuff along the way. Each stop to hunt, trap, chop, fish, scavenge, and harvest can be procedural generated to add replay value to this game.

• 1 month later...

coming from Oregon, and having played the game a lot, I really like the idea of this "mod"

in the game though the difficulty came from random disease, or injury. I think we'd have a hard time getting that in a "realistic" version because we'd have full control of our character. Although there were like 5 people on that wagon, so maybe when little bessie breaks her leg, you have X amount of time to get the splint together and whatnot before she bleeds out. or find the proper herbs/medicine to help cure mommas dysentery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry, you have died of dysentery.

You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him, “That’s a girl’s name!” Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin’ Terry.

Always good for a laugh.

You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him, “That’s a girl’s name!” Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin’ Terry.

Always good for a laugh.

Love it! :D

Always good for a laugh.

Ha! Don't mess with Terry. Got it ;)

It was something in Oregon Trail 5, where more times than not you'd end up suffering an 'accidental gunshot wound'. Though I always think like the Terminator is out to get you or something.

Huh. I never played that version. Mean feat to shoot yourself though.

• 3 months later...
You go out hunting and somehow manage to suffer an accidental gunshot wound...

How the hell does that even happen? Are you just looking down the barrel of the gun or something?

I always assumed it was a ricochet or something. Or maybe the rest of your party wanted you out of the way...

Archived