The Power!?!

Chris1643

Hi Chris -

Unfortunately, the geomagnetic disaster central to the game's theme has pretty much eliminated the possibility for you to make use of any electricity. We provide a bit of information on this in the game's launch screen, but will be detailing the event a bit more in the upcoming Story Mode.

I strongly urge you to save the lantern fuel for harvesting reclaimed wood in the larger, dark rooms so you don't waste matches with torches. Torches will do for most looting needs; learn to use them extensively and how to save on matches. Matches could become much scarcer! Goodie!! Only we who possess the secrets of making fire will survive! Long live flint & steel & char cloth!

You can check the bedside drawers for candles. Good luck with that! ;) well it never hurts to look... :lamp:

Here's a thought, you could put in electric generators that run on gas siphoned from abandoned cars.  I mean, if the generators weren't running when the storm occurred, would they be damaged beyond repair or use.  With that said, I'm happy without electricity, but would very much like Kryptonite added to the game, which has the side benefits of glowing in the dark and repelling aliens from at least one known planet.

On 2/29/2016 at 4:11 AM, Chris1643 said:

I, really hate starting the fireplace, and putting lanterens in every room that has no light! If there is power how do I turn it on and if you can't please add it so I'm not burning through 100 liters of kerosine a day. Thank you!

Workaround:

When you've got a fire going, "take torch" from it until you've got five torches. Drop a torch in each room you want lit. Bum around in a lit house for an hour and a half ;)

Archived