Can I play The Long Dark with this Mac Specs?

rubensito

Here are the minimum/recommended specifications to run the game on a Mac. It looks like your graphics card might not be up to the task, but I'll confirm this as it looks like everything else is okay.

Also from our store page:

Additional Notes: The game is in an Alpha state and is constantly being expanded and optimized. System requirements are subject to change until the game ships.

This means that while we do everything we can to optimize game performance, minimum requirements are subject to change as the game is improved and expanded. Just a good note to remember!

• MINIMUM: 
    • Processor: Core i5 @ 2.2GHz 
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 
    • Storage: 1 GB available space 
    • Sound Card: On-board. 
    •  
  • RECOMMENDED: 
    • Processor: Core i7 @ 2.7GHz+ 
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: Dedicated standalone GPU w/ 1GB+ VRAM 
    • Storage: 1 GB available space 
    • Sound Card: On-board 
    •  

It looks like you might be right on the line of not being able to run the game. We're more GPU bound than anything, so video card is a pretty important part for us. Tech has suggested you could try to run the game at 720p with Low graphic settings, but not to expect much from that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/2/2016 at 11:20 PM, Bethany Williams said:

It looks like you might be right on the line of not being able to run the game. We're more GPU bound than anything, so video card is a pretty important part for us. Tech has suggested you could try to run the game at 720p with Low graphic settings, but not to expect much from that.

Hi Bethany, just wanted to "update" my specs. My graphic card is an AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB, with the Intel 3000 that I previosuly menioned integrated. Do you think it would no be enough anyways? Thanks!

As a Mac user myself, it's critical that you have a second graphics card onboard. The way the Mac lists its own specs, it ignores the second card (that would be the AMD in your case) unless you go into System Profiler and look at the Display specs.

You should be able to run TLD just fine. I'm running it on a 2012 MBP with 2.6 Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1 GB VRAM without any issues at all.

Archived