hud and crosshairs

bekkar

there is another post in the bug reports section http://www.hinterlandforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10288 which shows the problem with the crosshair.

i'm always running with the distress pistol and it's annoying that you always see the crosshair with it.

• is there a hotkey to disable/enable crosshairs?
  • is there a hotkey to disable/enable the HUD?

i've tried disabling the HUD which seemed okay for the moment but it came out to be unsatisfactory.

i wasn't able to find any config file to set the crosshair to zero.

i wasn't able to find the console with its command lines to set the crosshair to zero.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016-02-21 at 1:50 AM, bekkar said:
  • is there a hotkey to disable/enable crosshairs?
  • is there a hotkey to disable/enable the HUD?

No & no.

You might find it more expedient to carry an unlit torch than the flare pistol. If you are occupied and you are harvesting something and the bear approaches from the rear, you don't have much hope of repelling the bear attack. It's best to take a good look around before you start to harvest a bunny or other animal. If at all possible, I prefer to have a fire going while harvesting so that wolves and bears don't approach too closely. You will hear them in time to respond.

thanks for your reply. haven't expected any. and you are totally right but the thing is i'm a little crazy, maybe not just a little. let me explain it a bit. in games i'm all about style-need. this also means running around with a unlit torch or flare, or whatever isn't comfortable for me. running around with the flare pistol gives me a great feeling which i don't wanna miss anymore. in fact that i'm not normal and kind of addicted to the flare pistol, an option to hide the crosshairs would come in handy. a nice addition to this is that i also don't wanna see a crosshair with the bow because it is too easy. so this option to disable the crosshair would not harm anybody and instead gives some players a more difficult challenge in the game, which i would really appreciate. i don't blame hinterlands because crazy behaviors like mine are not predictable.

but still a big wish: give us  an option to disable the crosshairs for the guns. (:

i could tell much more reasons for my crazy behavior within games but i hope you get my point.

to get it clear: in real life i'm not that crazy, i'm very normal. and i also have to because i'm an educator. 

Archived