I did it! (Stalker Timberwolf Mountain Summit)

LucidFugue

Starting in Timberwolf Mountain on Stalker and remaining there until reaching the summit - I finally managed it, getting to the plane on the morning of day 20.

I realise now that if you know where all the cargo containers are, it's probably quite feasible to race to the summit. The guaranteed container spawns mean you can target key containers once you have the hacksaw to get everything you need on your way up, rather than trying to craft clothing before making the ascent, as I did.

But I was unfamiliar with a lot of the mountain, having trudged my way up there on Voyageur but not really committing much of it to memory (and not realising the cargo containers were lootable when I did it on Voyageur). This time I learned a lot more of the ins and outs of the location, but I still have more routes to explore.

• 2 weeks later...

If you start your game at the deer clearing spawn location (and know the way to the summit) you can also climb up the mountain directly. It takes less than 3 hours to reach the plane wreck and can be done without any coffee. You're going to be near exhaustion when you reach the top of the mountain, but there's plenty of everything (including coffee^^) in the plane anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2016 at 8:53 PM, Scyzara said:

If you start your game at the deer clearing spawn location (and know the way to the summit) you can also climb up the mountain directly. It takes less than 3 hours to reach the plane wreck and can be done without any coffee. You're going to be near exhaustion when you reach the top of the mountain, but there's plenty of everything (including coffee^^) in the plane anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Wait is there a way from Deer Clearing that doesn't involves ropes or Secluded Shelf Cave?

There's indeed a ropeless way down the mountain, but you can't get up that way (afaik).^^

When I said "directly" I didn't mean "without ropes" but rather "immediately after the start of a new game". Sorry for not being more precise.

You can climb up the rope to the secluded shelf, cross the secluded shelf cave and even climb up the rope to the summit afterwards. You'll need to take two breaks while climbing the last rope and be exhausted once you reach the top, but it usually works. If you want to make 100% sure that you won't get exhausted during the last climb, just take a short 3h nap inside the secluded shelf cave.^^

On 3/12/2016 at 9:41 AM, Scyzara said:

There's indeed a ropeless way down the mountain, but you can't get up that way (afaik).^^

When I said "directly" I didn't mean "without ropes" but rather "immediately after the start of a new game". Sorry for not being more precise.

You can climb up the rope to the secluded shelf, cross the secluded shelf cave and even climb up the rope to the summit afterwards. You'll need to take two breaks while climbing the last rope and be exhausted once you reach the top, but it usually works. If you want to make 100% sure that you won't get exhausted during the last climb, just take a short 3h nap inside the secluded shelf cave.^^

Ah all right fair enough, thank you for the clarification.

Archived