Weapon/Ammo Condition Reduces Damage?

Alexandre Lange

The lower the rifle's condition the greater chance that you'll have a misfire (bullet doesn't fire correctly). So you waste a bullet and don't shoot whatever you were aiming at. As madrepityu pointed out the lower the weapon's condition the greater the likelihood of a misfire occurring. If your rifle ever degrades to 0% condition it becomes ruined and can no longer be repaired or used.

I had a malfunction with my rifle in the latest version (two days ago) at 27% durability, my "misfired" bullet was next to me in the snow.

Reading the forums i realise this might sound weird, but it did made sense to me before, yet now i am

starting to think this is a glitch?

I was aiming at a wolf who did not notice me yet and was feasting on a deer corpse, i shot him straight between the eyes from about 7 meters distance, the wolf got scared and ran off, yet i didn't hit him, it did make the blasting sound, i can't recall if smoke left the barrel but in the 60 seconds i was pondering to myself how it came i had a "misfire" at 27% condition i noticed my bullet was sitting next to me in the snow, i must mention that this was in the middle of nowhere and i had certainly not dropped a bullet there by accident earlier, nor was it a place where any items besides sticks and branches would ever spawn.

Glitch, or ... did people who had a malfunction with their rifle not notice their round did not dissapear nor did it exit the barrel shooting in a different direction but simply exit the chamber?

• 2 weeks later...

There is no damage. Ranged weapons either "succeed" and cause a critical hit that kills instantly or "fail" and start a very predictable bleed out timer. Chance to critical and time to bleed are unaffected by number of shots already landed.

There is also no misfire. There is a loading failure. Poor condition weapons may fail to load their rounds properly, causing a jam. Jammed rounds can be ejected and the next round loaded with the reload key. Jammed rounds so ejected fling onto the ground and can be recovered and reused without penalty.

Archived