Rename Stalker to Masochist

illanthropist

So just for kicks I logged out of cheese mode and thought I'd give Timberwolf Mountain a try on Stalker.

Mere seconds into the game I was on the run from a wolfie and it didn't end there, out of 8 hrs (gametime not realtime) only 2 of those spent outside during which I logged 4 wolf narrow escapes, almost ran straight into the path of a bear from one and then finally as I panicked, exhausted and ran towards a fishing hut (with no bloody door) on Crystal Lake, the wolf taught me how to press the left mouse button with 2 hands.

After about 8 red flags hit the screen including sprains to both wrists and an ankle, torn clothing and bruised ego (note to devs: that should be a thing) I spotted a nearby cabin where the door wasn't an optional extra and licked my wounds for 5 hours given hatch in the corner wasn't big enough to curl up and die in.

At least i managed to start a fire first time with a 65% chance so the day wasn't a total loss even though i did forget to eat my rank n beans whilst they were still hot.

Best 1% of a video game ever :D

Regards

Leo D

Mere seconds into the game I was on the run from a wolfie and it didn't end there, out of 8 hrs (gametime not realtime) only 2 of those spent outside during which I logged 4 wolf narrow escapes, almost ran straight into the path of a bear from one and then finally as I panicked, exhausted and ran towards a fishing hut (with no bloody door) on Crystal Lake, the wolf taught me how to press the left mouse button with 2 hands.

LOL! :lol: I am seriously laughing after reading this last part, "...the wolf taught me how to press the left mouse button with 2 hands"!

Wow, yea after reading this, I am certain that I'm not ready to try Masochist mode yet.

Restarted game, for the first time, on stalker, since voyageur felt 2 easy.

I was expecting game getting harder, partially due to wolves becoming more deadly. Didnt really get what i was hoping for. Instead of deadlier wolves i got simple more of them. So now i dont feel greater challenge but rather annoyance, since i spend most of the time running away from them and not because i cant kill them, they are still easy to kill in melee, but because i dont wannt to fight/kill them every 50 meters that i travel.

Tad disappointed. Voyageur seems to be far better balanced.

Altho at first it was fun to confuse them by running around rocks it got really boring real fast. Their engagement script is not continuous and at some point they disengage and there is a small pause that allow me to just walk/run away be4 they can "lock on" again.

It sounds like Stalker is just not hard enough for many of you! There are, of course, many ways to make wolves and bears difficult to kill or to have them use cooperative attack strategies. Torches going out in the wind, fires blowing out, unpredictable behavior, being actively stalked by wolves.

Archived