The Forge Interface

illanthropist

Hi there

So I found my way onto the ship and came across the furnace and forge, however clicking on it just brings up the error message of temperature requirement of 150 degrees!

So without searching online through wiki's or fan posts I have no idea what I can craft and what I would need.

Is it possible that, like the workbench, we could access the crafting menu to see what's available but lock out the functions with temp requirement much the same as insufficient materials.

It's counter intuitive to fire up the furnace and waste a supply of coal etc. just to gain access to info in-game, especially with the console release, alt tabbing to google is something I very much like to avoid as I want to discover the game and not watch someone else doing it for me!

Thanks

The forge will allow you to make arrowheads, and sharp too items such as improvised knife or hatchet. For coal, there are actually local mines on the DP map where you can find some decent quantity. ;)

Aye thanks Bill, managed this far without using maps, trying to stick to it :)

Found some coal dotted here and there but would have been wasted stoking the furnace only to discover missing cloth as I incorrectly guessed you might need wood to make an axe.

With the workbench you can access the crafting tab and take notes, imagine if it cost 50% of a toolbox just to look at it....

TLD has survived with its interesting gameplay. Basically, the best way to learn how to play is to continue playing. But I understand your frustration at not knowing where the roadblocks are until you try to go through them. Can't really prepare if you don't know what the key looks like until you get to the door. But the game is trying to be non-linear. That means sometimes you will have to go back where you have already been. It is not a bad thing.

That said, the price of admission is roughly 6 or 7 coal (depending how much wood you throw too). There is near that much right on the floor at the forge itself. Maybe that's why they put it there?

TLD But I understand your frustration at not knowing where the roadblocks are until you try to go through them. Can't really prepare if you don't know what the key looks like until you get to the door. But the game is trying to be non-linear. That means sometimes you will have to go back where you have already been. It is not a bad thing.

True, and the non-linear is an aspect I love which is the reason behind me staying away from wiki's and spoilers which is harder since I noticed a link describing hidden bunkers lol

Guess I'm just trying to be over frugal with resources, took me 3 weeks to find a rifle yet axes seem to be in short supply compared to knives.

Thanks for the help guys :D

Archived