What game are you looking forward to in 2016?

Here is my list of games I'm looking fowrad to in order to what I'm looking foward to most

• Long Dark Story mode
  • Fire watch
  • Tom Clancy's The Division (if I can find a group to play with)
  • Far Cry Primal
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (if ever get a PS4)
  • For Honor
  • American truck simulator

Apart from the obvious (The Long Dark!), I'm pretty excited to see the new Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect games. I don't have a ton of AAA titles that I follow, but I'm a huge fan of those two! Interesting to see what kinds of games other TLD players are looking forward to.

I'm really just looking forward to the Long Dark story mode :)

I don't have much time to play video games these days and I have more than enough in my Steam library to keep me busy for quite some time. Plus, I've been burned too many times on AAA releases (e.g. ME3 ending, Tomb Raider being too gleeful in its death animations) to really care much about them at this point. I'll take quality over quantity :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My rig isn't exactly the strongest, same goes for my bank account, so I pretty much stopped playing AAA titles. However, surprisingly good indie-titles pop up every now and then, and I'm stoked for new surprises on that front ;)

Biggest one I'm looking forward to is TLD Story Mode, same as others in this thread. Then there's apparently some planned updates to Stardew Valley (my guiltiest of guilty pleasures) and I wonder if This War of Mine will get more updates.

Oh, and since the OP didn't ask for video games specifically: There's some LARP cons I plan on going to if the tickets don't get too expensive and there are a few characters I am working on, although making a post-apocalyptic crusader isn't the easiest of tasks :D I also plan to finally buy Degenesis: Rebirth since I enjoyed the original pen&paper very much, although I heard that the new ruleset was stupid. Then again, I'm not gonna judge it until I read it.

On 8/6/2016 at 5:14 AM, Wastelander said:

My rig isn't exactly the strongest, same goes for my bank account, so I pretty much stopped playing AAA titles. However, surprisingly good indie-titles pop up every now and then, and I'm stoked for new surprises on that front ;)

Biggest one I'm looking forward to is TLD Story Mode, same as others in this thread. Then there's apparently some planned updates to Stardew Valley (my guiltiest of guilty pleasures) and I wonder if This War of Mine will get more updates.

I share your pain my friend, about the small bank account. I found a lot of the mass marketed 'AAA' games just don't grab my attention like some of the smaller titles do. I'm looking forward of course to TLD's Story mode but I wanted to say you have good taste in games :P (I'm a huge fan of Stardew Valley and This War of Mine!)

12 hours ago, Felli said:

I share your pain my friend, about the small bank account. I found a lot of the mass marketed 'AAA' games just don't grab my attention like some of the smaller titles do. I'm looking forward of course to TLD's Story mode but I wanted to say you have good taste in games :P (I'm a huge fan of Stardew Valley and This War of Mine!)

Thanks man/woman/whatever :D I'm a huge indie-fan not only because of financial reasons but because indie-developers are practically forced to make their titles good opposed to AAA developers. 

I'm particularly interested in:

• No Man's Sky
  • ReCore
  • Civilization VI
  • KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8
  • The Last Guardian 
  • Scalebound

Everyone should be excited and awaiting TLD Story Mode, who isn't? :)

I used to play a lot of games such as Black Ops, MW, Zombie type games, and Battlefield, but lately.. it's just becoming way too unrealistic for me. WAW and MW2 was by far one of my favorites in its earlier stages, but the more the developers produced the ever demanding games the more they added high end technology that made it boring and imporbable. Maybe that's why I am becoming more involved in the survival type games; the realism is very exciting to me and you can learn so much from the community and the game itself in every day life. Although games such as Kingdom Hearts and Scalebound are not realistic, it is definitely different than your typical multiplayer kill or be killed by that grenade or noobtube that was launched across the map 10 seconds after you spawned. Haha

Any recommendations for XBOXONE or PS4 games are greatly appreciated.

I do have a steam account, but I haven't been on it in awhile, I am willing to go back to it if I get some good suggestions. 

Archived