Where is the bloody hammer?

ZombieMasterChef

The hammer is to be found hanging on a pegboard in Hibernia Processing, and as the only thing I need it for is for forging arrowheads, knifes and hatchets, I just drop it on the floor in front of the forge in the ship when I don't need it.

No doubt there will be some mod at some time that will ensure that this bites me in the arse...

The hammer is to be found hanging on a pegboard in Hibernia Processing, and as the only thing I need it for is for forging arrowheads, knifes and hatchets, I just drop it on the floor in front of the forge in the ship when I don't need it.

No doubt there will be some mod at some time that will ensure that this bites me in the arse...

you should use the hammer to break down furnature and clear ice fishing holes and any other task that requires a tool that allows you to use it. the hammer and hacksaw are the only major tools that are still repairable and should be used in place of non-repairable tools like the hatchet and knife.

you should use the hammer to break down furnature and clear ice fishing holes and any other task that requires a tool that allows you to use it. the hammer and hacksaw are the only major tools that are still repairable and should be used in place of non-repairable tools like the hatchet and knife.

Never thought of that, but the bloody thing is just so heavy at 2 kilos.

Never thought of that, but the bloody thing is just so heavy at 2 kilos.

i realize this. that is why you plan ahead and only carry it when you plan to use it. if you have 2 or more (which is likely, i currently have 3), leave one at the forge and another at your base or favorite fishing hut. when you do need to carry it, thin out your inventory as much as possible. depending on what mode you are on, that can be a significant ammount of weight.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depends what mode you are asking on. I see people have given answers for different modes above without mentioning what mode they are talking about.

Hammer spawns are (100% chance as far as I'm aware as I've seen them many times over in those places) at Hibernia/Old Pence Farmstead on Stalker and below. I think you also always get on in Quonset, but that may not be a 100% spawn. If it isn't in Hibernia it should be in the Riken nearby,

On Interloper they are far more varied and random (there are no 100% spawn locations for hammers in Interloper). There are 4 Hammers in every Interloper game world but they are semi randomly distributed.

Possible Interloper Hammer spawns (This isn't all of them; there are some other places that can probably have them but these are just the ones I've run into. You will almost certainly find a hammer at at least ONE of these):

PV Farmstead Basement, near the workbench

PV Outbuildings (in the Barn near the workbench)

ML Trappers Cabin near the workbench

ML Lower Dam workbench (in the big huge open room in the 2nd part of the dam)

TWM Mountaineer's Cabin

Ravine in the crashed traincar

CH near the outdoor workbench at the Fishing Camp

TWM In the tail section on the summit

CH in the car near The Tooth

CH In the far far far fishing hut beyond Jackrabbit Island

NONE OF THESE are 100% spawns. I have been to these locations more then once and not seen a hammer sometimes.

As you can see in general they are near workbenches although not 100% of the time.

I have a hunch you can also get them in the ML fishing huts, Quonset Gas Station, Camp Office, the ML and CH forestry lookouts, and one of the blinds in FM, but I could be wrong about that (I swear I remember getting one in Quonset once but I never explicitly recorded it as I didn't start bothering recording until months after Interloper was out, and it could just be me remembering a Stalker game). Also Three Strikes Farmstead or Signal Hill might be possible spawns (or one of the random cars in PV on the corners of the map). But I haven't confirmed those locations, they just make sense to me that they would be possible spawns. Signal Hill isn't likely though (I've been there a few times on Interloper and no dice yet).

8 hours ago, Troxism said:

Signal Hill isn't likely though (I've been there a few times on Interloper and no dice yet)

Yep, found it in the Radio Control Hut a few times but it is easy to miss - crouch down and look under the shelves that usually provide some tinned food and tea or coffee.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2017 at 0:00 AM, Jolan said:

I found one near the Bunk Houses in Forlorn Muskeg.  Just don't drop it near the forge, put it in a container.  I've lost two hammers that way.

I found one on the ground outside the farmstead, just behind the forge.

On 5/17/2017 at 2:21 PM, Wasteland Watcher said:

I found five in a cargo box on Timberwolf Mountain and complained the whole time carrying them from there to the Mountaineer's Hut and

we may have to stage an intervention :D

57 minutes ago, Jolan said:

we may have to stage an intervention :D

The Watcher appreciates it, the caring concern ;)

With the weird bugs I've been reading about with disappearing tools and items, I'm tempted to wait until the next patch before going to Timberwolf Mountain because it would be unfair to myself to go there and open up cargo boxes full of ...not much :P

Archived