Rather than bitch about Wolf I thought I'd share this..

KD7BCH

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I liked especially the bit where he makes his own handles on-site in order to save weight. Of course! :hatchet:

Me too, though it'd take me a month to carve a spoon.  Out of all the off grid/homesteader types in the media over the years he seems to be the only one that's not a little batshit, pardon my French!

If I remember correctly, when they guy passed away the US National Park Service inherited the cabin. I think it's now used by rangers. Either that or it can be rented by guests. It's been a while since I've seen the documentary :)

6 minutes ago, cekivi said:

If I remember correctly, when they guy passed away the US National Park Service inherited the cabin. I think it's now used by rangers. Either that or it can be rented by guests. It's been a while since I've seen the documentary :)

Think it's more of a tourist attraction, like a small museum than a holiday let.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Docterrok said:

I wish we could build cabins in this game...

I don't want this to turn into yet another basebuilder/survival mashup -- loads of those around already.  But building proper cabins, with the realism and ambiance of TLD, that seems like too much scope/cost to bolt on to this game.  Homebuilding doesn't seem appropriate for a desperate survival situation either.

HOWEVER I like the temporary shelter we have (snow shelter) -- excellent survival trade offs there.  I wouldn't mind being able to build a windbreak (for my outdoor fire) with similar tradeoffs.  And some small storage (a box or basket). 

• 3 months later...

The fact that wolves exist as they do with uber powers that they do, mean there is no point to planning for a day 100+ survival situation. Even perfectly equipped,  you can encounter an undefeatable zombies *wolf" and yeah. It really ruins the game for me. 

I love stuff like this, will check it out when I'm home.

Also check out the documentary Happy People: A Year in the Taiga.

Things like that make me wanna pull a Thoreau and go live in a small wooden cabin in the woods.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure Walden is public domain about now, would be cool if they put readable books in the game to pass time.

Archived