Train Cars At the Bottom

gapshot11

The bottom of the Ravine is a no-go area [climbing down, you actually plummet to the bottom as the soft shoulder ledges would break]. It's not meant to be scaled, and isn't meant to be an explorable area.

It's always possible that could change at some point, but currently the Ravine section is meant strictly as a transition zone.

The bottom of the Ravine is a no-go area [climbing down, you actually plummet to the bottom as the soft shoulder ledges would break]. It's not meant to be scaled, and isn't meant to be an explorable area.

It's always possible that could change at some point, but currently the Ravine section is meant strictly as a transition zone.

Thanks, I wont try that again then!

• 2 weeks later...

A transition zone? What the heck does that mean?

Been there, a few items found but can't find a way to move to another area.

I finally after 24 days, went through the lower dam door and I am stuck "bad" in the Carter Hydro Dam area and can't get out...HELP!!

A transition zone? What the heck does that mean?

Been there, a few items found but can't find a way to move to another area.

I finally after 24 days, went through the lower dam door and I am stuck "bad" in the Carter Hydro Dam area and can't get out...HELP!!

transition zone means it connects 2 major maps. in this case Mystry Lake and Coastal Highway. the area that you are "stuck" in leads to another transition zone. in both cases, you just cant let fear prevail.

I tried to get down into the ravine before I knew it was a "transition" zone. I thought it was just another area next to Mystery Lake. I was descending, being real slow and careful in an area that appeared to be passable. Then the screen just went black and said I died. Huh? I was doing fine! No falling animation or anything. Need to update this with a dramatic slip and fall and tumbling and screaming for special effects! Also maybe a voice warning from the game with the guy saying something like "This doesn't look safe" or "I don't think this is a good idea" type statement. Then if you keep going have the fall happen.

I agree that some type of warning and better death animation should be added for falling into the ravine. I too died trying to climb down and it happened exactly like Packet802. I've seen other people on the forums write that this happened to them and numerous people on my stream have told me the same thing. Usually it only happens once, then the player knows never to try it again, but some people keep trying and I don't blame them because it looks like you can get down there and there's not real indication that you can't other than the fade to black and death. This could be leaving a bad impression on new players.

• 5 weeks later...

I cheated to discover whether or not it was safe:

Created a new sandbox called "LedgeTest" and ran as fast as I could to the ravine as soon as I spawned in. Went to the ledge and edged ever so carefully down...and then died.

Did that a 2nd time to make sure. 

Same technique I used to discover just how badly injured you get if you fall from the little ledge right next to Camp Office.

Archived