[Poll] Which Is Your Favorite Map?

Bill Tarling

Which Map Do You Like The Best?  

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like all maps. They are unique and each of it has places I like to stay longer.

The map I like the most is Coastal Highway. Maybe the little houses and the feeling of civilisation is it but I really enjoy the view of the ocean. I am living at the coast in my real life and this reminds me of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh man, mystery lake... mystery lake is like my home town. my first long dark experience on voyager with the 2 hour xbox trial was in mystery lake, so my heart belongs there naturally. i know the place like the back of my hand, and going back there feels like going back to my home town after a long trip away (not that i've ever even LEFT my home town in real life, i use that comparison theoretically xD )

mystery lake is my favorite map overall, but not the funnest.

the funnest map to me is timber wolf mountain. i LOVE climbing timber wolf. i can't get enough of it. such a rush, getting all the way up to the top and exploring the mountain. just talking about it makes me want to go make that climb right now, and just stay up all night exploring the mountain :P

but yeah. my overall vote is for ML :)

I love coastal highway and timberwolf mountain,

the first one cause it s "easy" life :) hunt, fishing, crafting all is here, if you r not afraid of wolves all around your house XD

and the second one because it s al mountain and I can climb climb climb and fall !!! :P TM it s hard( never go down a rope without bed roll -_- ) and fun .

thx for this game/axperience :)

ML and PV. Mostly because of the large forested areas. I feel like I can still get lost in these maps despite playing them several times. However, It still take some bad weather or a wounded animal chase to get a little disoriented. 

If I could ask for another map it would simply be an expansive rugged forest with few landmark to navigate with. Something experienced players could get lost in despite previous experience with the area.

I haven't been to Desolation Point yet but have thoroughly explored Mystery Lake, Coastal Highway, and Timberwolf Mountain (though I still get lost there sometimes :P ).
Lately I've gotten familiar with Pleasant Valley which ironically isn't all that pleasant :shock:(because of the frequent blizzards).
It is beautiful though in the wild areas up on the mountain sides.

But for overall beauty and design I'm inclined to choose Timberwolf Mountain, as inhospitable as it is. Many marvelous sights to behold there.

For a place someone could quite easily live forever in relative safety (as of v.332) I'd say Coastal Highway.

But for overall balance (safe vs. dangerous, good & bad weather, difficulty vs. ease of capturing food, amount of man-built vs all natural locations) I have to go with Mystery Lake.
Part of it has got to be the nostalgia of my very first sandbox starting there and dying of hypothermia 5 hours and 20 minutes later :P
But to echo @rune I find that the "abandoned quietly" style appeals to me much more than the "panicked escape" atmosphere inside the buildings of Pleasant Valley.

Yes, Mystery Lake is my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2016 at 9:22 PM, Hatchet said:

The map i like the least is (if i may) Desolation point, it just seems so packed together, makes me think of how Falllout 3 had everything spread out nicely and then Fallout New Vegas (yes, different devs, i know) had everything packed together and almost nobody like it that way, same goes for Coastal Highway, too much too close together, could do with a bit more spacing in between.

And why is there an out of place church in ah nevermind this topic is about favourite maps right not about least favourite so i'll stop writing right about... now.

I always assumed the church in Desolation Point was for the whalers, returning safely home from a voyage and giving thanks for their good fortune, built from the profits of their expeditions. That's what I like to think, anyway. :normal:

Mystery Lake is standard, so i dont count the map :P

I would say pleasant valley is still my favorite map. I don't know, somehow Desolation Point and the transition areas are really nice too. Sure, they are very small but in DP there is not so much loot, no interior where you can be naked, and the map is hands down the most beautyful map :) Timberwolf mountain has its charm, but the loot at the summit ruins the map and in addition all ways and paths are too narrow. After a while it feels more like a shooter than an open world game. Coastal still is the worst map.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2016 at 2:13 PM, Simulacra said:

I voted PV because the farmhouse is just so convenient... Stove, workbench and bed all in one location. That and it's really the only map where I've learned how to completely avoid wolves (for the most part).

Desolation Point is a close second because it's so much fun to explore. :-)

The gas station in coastal highway is way more convienent if you can kill the wildlife, bears and wolves right outside your door make for excellent farming

Just now, Loppysaurusrex said:

The gas station in coastal highway is way more convienent if you can kill the wildlife, bears and wolves right outside your door make for excellent farming

Yeah, that's my go-to base. Currently stuck indoors because a bear decided that the areas around both doors are the comfiest place in existence and I ran out of rifle rounds :D But hey, at least I have a lifetime supply of mouldy condensed milk and antibiotics, so I'll be fine.

Mystery Lake - by far. Great mix of environs, from the back woods/hills by the forestry lookout, to the Camp Office and lake, to the Carter Dam. Though the hunting is better in PV for long term survival, Mystery Lake is just so beautiful and varied.  I even have the Mystery Lake travel poster framed up in my house I love it so much!

Least favorite is Coastal Highway. Feels like a war game in there with all the wolves. Checking/crouching/dodging wolves is not fun, just tedious and slows the game for me. CH is nice to look at in parts, but just horrible to be in.

Still working through TWM and the other one (my utter distaste of Coastal Highway keeps me from getting to it most of the time). So far TWM doesn't feel like a place where you can settle down. My play style is "safe and long." I play on Voyager and hoard supplies from day 1 to see how long I can go. Mentally, I'm not thinking "how long can I make it" but "where do I plant my flag to start civilization over again?"  A Canadian flag will do. 

My head says the farmhouse in PV, but the camp office in ML is where I'd WANT to start over again - with weekend getaways in the Trapper Cabin.

Mystery Lake - by far. Great mix of environs, from the back woods/hills by the forestry lookout, to the Camp Office and lake, to the Carter Dam. Though the hunting is better in PV for long term survival, Mystery Lake is just so beautiful and varied.  I even have the Mystery Lake travel poster framed up in my house I love it so much!

True, it's a nice area. I play in it a lot - but I still manage to get lost there when I'm looking for the Trapper's Cabin :D

49 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

True, it's a nice area. I play in it a lot - but I still manage to get lost there when I'm looking for the Trapper's Cabin :D

I've got the path from Camp Office to Trappers down pat by going along the rails to the tunnel collapse, then follow the rock wall on your left all the way to the cabin. You can follow that line in a full on fog and still make it every time. I still sometimes get a bit lost in that area between the Frozen Creek to the Deadfall area. Those hills and gullys all sort of look similar and no way to see up and over the trees.

• 2 months later...

For Me my favourite is Coastal Highway. I love all the buildings and it reminds me so much of where I live it's by far the easiest though so stalker is the best for that map. I also like TWM is just the best to explore and it seems the most real if you actually had to survive. But why is there only one forge ¬¬ Only on DP why??????

• 2 weeks later...

It's really a hard question. I think the most beautiful map for me is PV. I just love the view over the landscape when i am at Signal Hill. It's every time just overwhelming and i usually stay some days there just to enjoy the view. Ravine is very interesting, too. Too bad that Ravine is rather small, it would be cool if you had more to explore down in the streambed. But most time i still spend in ML. Still love this map somehow ... 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2016 at 6:01 PM, Soul Sojourner said:

I actually really like the Ravine... I wish it had a shelter or two, but I like walking across the tree and the broken train track with the fear of falling ever present if you wish to travel.

I used the cave for a bit as a hunting camp,  its chill spot to get deer and rabbits,  no wolves. 

• 2 months later...

Gotta say, I wish Forlorn Muskeg had been on there. I love that map. Absolutely brutal. Minimal "civilization" resources (aside from the forge). It forces you to become a hunter. It forces you to pay attention to your clothing. It rewards you by never triggering cabin fever (stay in the Old Spence) and giving you great hunting spots. 

I stayed in FM for a couple months. The hardest thing was probably the trip between Spence and Poacher's. Always fraught with peril. And, with almost nowhere to escape a blizzard while en route, you can't take your time. 

It's probably the most visceral and exciting map in the game, especially in Interloper. Can't wait till the weekend so I can play again. Damn adulthood screwing with my game time. :)

And, that first high-ground bear kill with the bow makes all the freezing and starving worth it!

Archived