Whats the longest had you survived??!

Obama8mychicknz

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Valorfist said:

@June What do you do entertain yourself? That is a long time, you probably have all there is to have, so what do you do?

I change camp almost every 2 or 3 weeks to see how living is at different places like Forestry Lookout or the Rabbit Island. I try to achieve goals that I set for myself like finding the bunker spawns on the 2 old maps or sleeping only outside for weeks. I´m basically waiting for new stuff in TLD to happen, so sometimes my played hours per day are just fishing or collecting sticks ^^ Sometimes I get worried that some ressource might get scarce, so I accumulate them in my current base by tearing every curtain apart in the pleasant valley farmhouse for example ^^ I don´t do the maths. I think, I could live on forever. I want to reach the end game where things are getting really scarce, but without hibernating. Hopefully I will be still alive, when Story Mode finally hits.

Btw: nice Talos, fellow EvE Player!   :love:

@June Well I asked because I sometimes run out of ideas. (Talos is a great ship)

Back on topic:

If I reach full nature clothing(except the bear bedroll) the game feels way too easy and surviving can be done 'till forever basically. And now even that is to easy because I know what spawns where. I shouldn't have checked those wonderful maps:(

527 days in Voyageur. It seems like I've been playing this game for the longest time, and had high hopes. And then I had a glitch.

I was outside the Quonset Gas Station in Coastal Highway and had just shot a bear, who charged me, attacked, and took me down to the usual 9% before walking away. I was right by the back door to the gas station, but when I clicked, it glitched out and dumped me back outside. I went around to the front, and the same thing.

I went around to the back door to try it again, and the bear was there and finished me off. :(

Admittedly, I was getting a bit bored with that game, because I was running out of things to do to challenge myself to make it interesting, but the fact that I got killed because of a glitch is pretty disappointing.

In my other game that I started a couple of weeks ago, I'm on day 111 in Voyageur.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm on 26 days now, which I feel super-proud about. It's my fourth game and I've put in about 34 hours in Steam. May not seem great-shakes to many of you, but I feel like I'm really living another life out there in Pleasant Valley. And now I've finally found my maple sapling and have five arrows to hand I... knock on wood... feel I may just be able to unlock that Day 30 achievement! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one, it's not easy especially in the early days I was well chuffed when I reached 50 days . You get so wrapped up and immersed in your journey its superb ..... Just a quick one ,  people keep mentioning achievements ?? 

Day 440ish in Stalker but I don't play this save very often right now as I have seen and done everything multiple times and have so many supplies that I have to take arbitrary risks to have something todo, like going bow hunting although I still have plenty of bullets and don't really need the food^^. But I will continue eventually and I am curious as to what will end this run in the end, probably it'll be falling down the dam or something stupid like that :D

21 hours ago, Richt3a said:

Nice one, it's not easy especially in the early days I was well chuffed when I reached 50 days . You get so wrapped up and immersed in your journey its superb ..... Just a quick one ,  people keep mentioning achievements ?? 

Steam achievements. Steam gives you a shiny pretty bauble for reaching certain levels in your game play. Examples include:

• First of Many - survived for 1 day in Sandbox mode in a single game.
  • Two for Two - You survived for 2 days in a single Sandbox mode game.
  • Wolf bait - You survived 5 days in a single Sandbox mode game.
  • You Made It! - You survived 10 days in a single Sandbox mode game.

And so on. There are currently 20 achievements you can earn, I have four left and am well on my way to the Pacifist (no killing anything for the first 25 days in game) achievement. 

Next up with this character will be the Silent Hunter - no kills with a rifle for the first 50 days. After that I might go back to my original character and shoot for the 200 day achievement. After that all that's left is the Exploration (find every location in ML and CH).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

120 days on pilgrim. Managed to get mauled by a bear (because I'm an idiot ;)) at that level, which made an end to it …

Now I'm at 75 days on voyager and I have no doubt that I can get to 200 days or beyond. Once you understood the mechanics of the game, it's not that hard.

I have no plan to go beyond 200, though. Would rather start a new sandbox or a specific challenge.

• 2 months later...

Archived