Timberwolf Mountain tools?

nicko

How many tools get spawned in TM? I have had a few good runs now but can only find one hacksaw, which never lasts before you even get to the top plane, and you can't repair it either. So to me there is no point in going to the plane anymore unless I have a hacksaw. Also I couldn't find any extra hacksaws that I thought might be laying around or inside a crate box. So I was stuffed couldn't open any cargo containers in the plane.

Edit: I think I will start a new run on PV map load up with hacksaws /axes and travel to TM map :)

I found a hacksaw lying around on top of a wooden box inside the plane in my game. Not sure if it spawns there every game, but that would somehow make sense. The Devs usually provide such "key items" (e.g. the hammer in DP or the ropes in TWM) in close proximity to where you need them.

How many tools get spawned in TM? I have had a few good runs now but can only find one hacksaw, which never lasts before you even get to the top plane, and you can't repair it either. So to me there is no point in going to the plane anymore unless I have a hacksaw. Also I couldn't find any extra hacksaws that I thought might be laying around or inside a crate box. So I was stuffed couldn't open any cargo containers in the plane.

Edit: I think I will start a new run on PV map load up with hacksaws /axes and travel to TM map :)

Hacksaws can be repaired with scrap metal. You must also have a tool box in your inventory. I think that may be the only use for the tool box now.

There are three. One at the top. One at the bottom. And one in the hands of a corpse somewhere in between.

Do you mean three hacksaws? I think it may depend on rng because I only found 2, one in the hut and one in the tail. I've also found at least one hatchet and one knife in TM and about 8 whetstones and 5 or 6 gun repair kits not counting the few of each that i found in old maps where I had previously looted.

Found 3 hatchets in TM without even going to the summit. One at deer clearing cave, and then i think either fishing hut or mountaineers hut, and 3rd one i think in the mountains behind mountaineers hut. Or maybe one of those hatchets were in that very big open cave, not to far were it is possible to deploy shortcut rope to deer clearing. With the summit its like 4-6 hatchets.

Found only 1 knife in this TM run. have a hacksaw from the mountaineers hut, maybe two. broken arrown from erriks falls deer carcass and one broken arrown from i think deer carcass just bellow rope to dear clearing. and two whole arrows was in the mountaineers hut.

rifle found in the mountains behind mountaineers hut.

going back to the topic of hacksaw, it seems there is always one in the plane, at least it was like that in my 3 runs. one was at the back of the tail on top of crate. another run was in front on the left side on the metal box, and in this run was in frontish area more on the right, under big piece of metal. and in my last two runs i actually never brought a hacksaw to the summit, just went there sake of fun, since i dont really need anything from there... so did not care if there was no hacksaw... but it always was lol.

There are 2 near dead bodies, close to the crates by the wing, and the ones in front of the hut, just climbing one rope.

There are one by the tail section, and one usually in the hut.

You can find a hatchet in the hut (or the fishing cabin, or in a pole by the pier, near the hut). There are one close to a dead body between the cave by the engine and the cave with 3 entrances.

(sorry for my bad english, not my first language).

Archived