Did wolves change?

I like hiking

what weapons do you have? if you are bare handed, the bar wont move much.

It's not a matter of fighting bare handed. I've been having the same problem (regardless of weapon, with knife, without knife, it makes no difference), which is why I avoid fighting wolves now more than ever.

I've reported this as a bug while back, to no avail, it seems.

what weapons do you have? if you are bare handed, the bar wont move much.

It's not a matter of fighting bare handed. I've been having the same problem (regardless of weapon, with knife, without knife, it makes no difference), which is why I avoid fighting wolves now more than ever.

I've reported this as a bug while back, to no avail, it seems.

This is not a Bug, wolf fights depend on many factors,

First one is your fatigue level if you are rested to max the bar will fill mush faster.

Second the weapon knife is the best then hatched then prybar Im not sure about hammer and hacksaw, and

Third if you are in stalker mode it will fill less on voyager it fills much faster.

I never ceases to amaze me how people assume that players who bring to notice these kinds of issues start giving information we already are familiar with.

I'm not a newbie, so please don't presume I haven't considered all these factors yet. Believe me, I have.

I've fought wolves armed with a hunting knife, completely or almost completely rested, and with full stamina and *still* got the same result: no progress shown on the fight-o-meter, getting ripped to shreds from a 100% to 48% without knowing what was going on, whereas other players who encounter wolves show a clear progress when fighting them.

I never ceases to amaze me how people assume that players who bring to notice these kinds of issues start giving information we already are familiar with.

I'm not a newbie, so please don't presume I haven't considered all these factors yet. Believe me, I have.

I've fought wolves armed with a hunting knife, completely or almost completely rested, and with full stamina and *still* got the same result: no progress shown on the fight-o-meter, getting ripped to shreds from a 100% to 48% without knowing what was going on, whereas other players who encounter wolves show a clear progress when fighting them.

Well what can I say I'm just trying to be helpful works fine for me, maybe your left mouse button broke :)

We would not make dramatic changes to wolf encounters without including it in the changelist. :)

The big things that affect your ability to fight off a wolf will be the weapon you may or may not have in your possession, your fatigue, and your ability to participate effectively in the struggle as a player. As always, the most effective weapon in your inventory is equipped during a struggle. It may seem like quite a bit of damage when you have several notifications regarding sprains, bruises, torn clothes,...but it's all fairly manageable if you're prepared, and still much more forgiving than wolf struggles in earlier versions of the game.

We would not make dramatic changes to wolf encounters without including it in the changelist. :)

The big things that affect your ability to fight off a wolf will be the weapon you may or may not have in your possession, your fatigue, and your ability to participate effectively in the struggle as a player. As always, the most effective weapon in your inventory is equipped during a struggle. It may seem like quite a bit of damage when you have several notifications regarding sprains, bruises, torn clothes,...but it's all fairly manageable if you're prepared, and still much more forgiving than wolf struggles in earlier versions of the game.

Everyone thank you for the answers.

Maybe I'm just new so don't really know what I'm doing. I have the knife

and right after I woke up after sleeping 8 hours and went outside I saw a wolf. My character mentioned being hungry so I ran at the wolf and starting pressing the left mouse button as fast as I could and the wolf ran away but died down the road. I didn't even get hurt :)

The next day almost the same thing happened. I just woke & character says "Gettin hungry!"

I go outside and see a wolf pretty close on this lake. So I go over there and start pressing the left mouse button as fast as I can

like the day before BUT the 'fighter meter(?)' is only "jumping" a little bit and just will not move to the right side at all!!! :o

After then the screen went black and I thought it was game over but then the screen turns back on and everything's blurry. Anyhow barely alive but I have a question:

What was so different about those two wolfs? I was rested both days and had the knife but one was easy to fight and the other one was like trying to fight the Incredible Hulk!

not that i know of. i am not sure there IS a way short of fighting them hand to fang, and just about everyone would strongly advise against such an action. you might be able to tell once they are dead by the amount of meat they yield. the lightest wolf i have seen was just over 6 pounds and the heaviest was about 14 pounds. i am thinking i am very lucky to have killed the 14 pounder with one shot at range. that big ass S.O.B. would have made a meal of more than just my face.

WOW Wolves have size, hold on where is this mentioned can anyone confirm this?

I know at mystery lake the wolves at crushed train wagons are super strong but you could take them out if you are fully "charged" but now this wow 14 pounds wolves are you sure? if it is like that now from now on I am fighting wolves only in mystery lake.

WOW Wolves have size, hold on where is this mentioned can anyone confirm this?

I know at mystery lake the wolves at crushed train wagons are super strong but you could take them out if you are fully "charged" but now this wow 14 pounds wolves are you sure? if it is like that now from now on I am fighting wolves only in mystery lake.

all well and good,sxcept.... the biggest wolf i have killed to date was ON the lake near the noerhern most hut. just keep in mind, the correlation between meat yield and strength is meerly speculation on my part and uncomfirmed as i prefer to kill wolves from a distance and avoid melee.

• 3 months later...
On December 19, 2015 at 9:36 PM, vancopower said:

This is not a Bug, wolf fights depend on many factors,

First one is your fatigue level if you are rested to max the bar will fill mush faster.

Second the weapon knife is the best then hatched then prybar Im not sure about hammer and hacksaw, and

Third if you are in stalker mode it will fill less on voyager it fills much faster.

I think the sharpness of the knife is taken into account as well. 100% knife is sharpened to the max and will end the fight quickly from my personal experience. Sometimes the wolf died at my feet before fleeing.

19 hours ago, djb204 said:

I think the sharpness of the knife is taken into account as well. 100% knife is sharpened to the max and will end the fight quickly from my personal experience. Sometimes the wolf died at my feet before fleeing.

You are wrong knife always adds +40% strength to wolf fights at least that is what it shows when you engage in a fight, however I always carry 1 extra knife in good con. just in case :)

Archived