Will TLD run in a Laptop 2in1 w/Intel Atom? UPDATED

Loboloco

Like the subject matter asked. I'm planning on purchasing a hybrid laptop/tablet device and its proc happen to be an Intel Atom Z3735F.

The device will be running Windows 10 32bit....2gbs RAM and 32GB storage. I will by no means run the game on any maxed settings. But would it run at all?

I'm leaning on this Acer One 10.

Really a toy to play media, do light work on the run and hope ...run a game or two on.

My wife actually owns the machine you mentioned, and quite frankly, it is an unmitigated piece of $µ!¶ that would serve better as a snow or boogie board. it is woefully underpowered and it's graphics capability is almost non-existant. For the same price we paid for hers, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite that runs a 64 bit Win10 that is almost as good as a desk top. I am able to run high resource games like Second Life and WOW at standard levels with little lag or glitching. I am pretty sure it wouls have no difficulty with TLD. Sadly, I have the game on XB1 and can't afford to purchace a copy for PCat this time.

TBH, i dont think anything that small will be able to run TLD. I dont remember what sizes the Satellite is avaible in. mine is the 17" and i love it. actually, this one is my 3rd Satellite in 10 years, my 2nd, a win7 machine is still in use for streaming a radio station. you might have to go up to a 13 inch for what you want, i know the Satellite is avaiable in a 15" model, but not sure if any smaller. good luck in your search.

• 5 weeks later...

So compared to my home setup ( see my signature ) my new portable 2 in 1 from Dell Inspiron i3147-10000SLV Windows 10 Laptop is a lightweight BUT it runs TLD @1280x720 LOW detail...frame rates in the mid 20s...playable...runs in the 30s in windowed mode.

TLD works in this setup....with Windows 10 64bit...Intel® Pentium® Processor N3540 (2M Cache, up to 2.66 GHz)...4gb DDR3L 1333...IntelHD Graphics....500gb HDD...not great but not awful. Now the pc turns into an 11 inch tablet as well I only wish TLD also worked in a tablet. :) :mrgreen:

I can now enjoy TLD on the go!!!

Archived