Essential PC features required?

junaid_hussain

I'm talking with regards to settings and such.

Off the top of my head, PC gamers often request that the following be included:

FOV Slider

Key Binding/Rebinding

Full universal controller support

Multi monitor support

High resolution support (beyond 1920x1080)

No FPS cap

Are there any other PC-centric features you can think of?

Guest Alan Lawrance

I feel comfortable saying we will support all the features/settings you mention above, with the possible exception of multi-monitor. We want to support multi-monitor, but we haven't done due diligence to determine the work involved yet.

Another feature I would like to have is a borderless window mode (which means running as a window, but at desktop resolution). This gives the visual benefits of running fullscreen, but without the weird multitasking and alt-tab baggage. Since we are using Unity is may not be possible for us to support this feature, but I plan to investigate it.

Just to add, I suppose, to what @Junaid_Hussain mentioned, and for general information.

Local and/or cloud save. (If the game isn't linear {ie: open world and open "quest"} then a save anywhere feature would be nice. Since this is going to be on Steam, the cloud save is taken care of really.)

Mod support - (That is covered here)

Great sound (The devs have already mentioned that this is near and dear to them. Also, it is mentioned here)

(Achievements are nice but not a necessity, and of course not PC centric.)

The only thing I can think of that would be great is x64 design - (I realize this isn't supposed to be graphics heavy, but this does allow for large maps and a lot of things on screen at once going on.{It just allows for more recourse use at once}

• 4 weeks later...

Please let us save wherever and whenever we want. So no checkpoint or only inside savehouses system please. I really don't want to look at the clock, find out that it's already 2 AM (and I have to get up at 5:45 AM) and then have to go looking for a safehouse/ checkpoint before I can go to bed...

• 9 months later...
I'm talking with regards to settings and such.

Off the top of my head, PC gamers often request that the following be included:

FOV Slider

Key Binding/Rebinding

Full universal controller support

Multi monitor support

High resolution support (beyond 1920x1080)

No FPS cap

Are there any other PC-centric features you can think of?

As mentioned save option would very much be appreciated.

Interesting that the developers have not responded to this thread, most of these features mentioned should be in a pc game now days. I can promise you that once this game get released on steam Tuesday (early access or not), the community there is going to go complain crazy about these same features.

• 1 month later...

Hey TattooedMac any chance you can share your setup with me for your controller on the iMac? I'm on a 27" iMac too and am having problems using a PS3 controller threw the gamepad companion app. Any help would be great as I'm really wanting to get into this game but hate using a keyboard as I'm mostly a console gamer. Thx!

Archived