Pleasant valley hay bales

EternityTide

Minor request: tone down the vibrant orange/yellow to a more greyish shade, as hay does not stay that vibrant when exposed to the elements.

Additionally, give them a snow coating - they are completely snow free, despite having a number of inches of snow around them, and persistent snowfall. Hay stays fresh for a long time, even when exposed to the elements, and rot within them:

A) would not be sufficient to melt that much snow, as the heat from bacterial activity would be insulated in the core of the bale, not escaping to melt the snow.

B) would have the bale a blackish-brown colour, indicating its state of decay.

It's a bit nitpicky, I am aware, but some realistic hay bales would add to the immersion significantly. It's a bit jarring to walk into pleasant valley and see these golden, almost glowing bales of hay amidst the wintry background.

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd stimulate on an old post instead of starting a new one about this.

I'd love to see these bales given a re-texture also, as they look very ... out of place .... and 'freshly made', given the number of blizzards in that region.

Maybe a little more like this?

old shed and round hay bales under snow.jpg

snow-covered-hay-bales-in-a-snow-covered-field-with-snowy-mountains-in-the-background-with-blue-sky-alberta-canada.png.jpg

There should also be a few dear carcass' scattered around and a few of the bails picked apart. These bails would attract dear until the wolves drove them away. Having the bails perfect makes the farm seem tended while the farmhouse feels almost eerie and long abandoned. (it's perfect) 

I don't want a change in pleasant valley, maybe just something to consider on the next map containing a farm.

Archived