Detailed Region Maps [SPOILERS]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me five or six playthroughs before I finally found one in Mystery Lake. 

They're not easy to find . . . nor are they consistently generated in each play through. For example, I have yet to find that hunting bunker. I read somewhere it took another TLD player 26 starts on ML before that particular one showed up.

It was on my third play through on that map that I didn't find any. The first one I spawned right next to one, died to a bear on the lake a couple game days afterward, damn thing got hung up on the dock outside a burnt cabin, got angry and charged me a second time.

Second play through, I spawned in trappers cabin, and found the bunker up a hill next to the train tracks where the road comes from the logging area. Go across and up the hill instead of down to the creek. I had looted all of it like a noob, went outside and got caught in a blizzard. I could barely move but survived while exhausted with about 15% condition and hypothermia. As soon as the storm passed, nice Wolfy, nice Wolfy, no Wolfy I'm not tasty, no no Bad Wolfy No No NO NO NOOOOO!!

Third time, I've hit 42 days. And memorized mystery lake map. There was a couple hairy situations but I survived. Went into the Ravine for the first time and as I was admiring the view on the tracks towards Coastal Highway end of it, I fell through the ruined section. I face palmed when I did that. Plan on doing Mystery Lake on Stalker when I get home.

I've played on coastal highway, made it to 30 days, and again bear got me. The collision system in this game hates me. Then on Pleasant Valley, saw a bear, shot it twice, it mauled me, I fired again, and that's all she wrote.

Well, you've had much better luck finding those bunkers in ML than I have!

I was beginning to think they were figments of Whiteberry's imagination. :ninja:Or maybe I need new glasses. Or maybe I've gone snow-blind because I can't locate any Inuit snow goggles. Or something

The one time I was in PV, I did find one other than the standard one by the TWM rope climb. I haven't gone back there on another play through to see what else is there . . .

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank heavens these are all here. I don't know what happened but I decided to look at the ML map I had, which I had googled and was your map btw, because I wanted to cross check or compare something from the Faithful Cartographer update....and all the maps are gone! The folder is there but nothing's in it. So weird. Anyway I'm glad I don't have to go and google them all again. Love these maps!

4 minutes ago, cekivi said:

Please note @SnowWalker that @whiteberry-toarda's maps are a little out of date for some of the locations ;) 

I happened to come here just at this exact moment. Yes I know they're out of date now. I knew the maps long before these became available though, or before I knew about them. I just like looking down at an aerial view every once in awhile. I'm slowly creating....oops can't say anything about that here :)

• 1 month later...

New to the game but trying to catch up while enjoying the game. I really appreciate the spoiler-free version of ML, I felt it brought me up to speed with many of the veterans without giving anything away. I'm new but I've noticed new things that these maps are missing. Unfortunately @whiteberry-toarda doesn't plan on maintaining these maps due to the FC update.. I don't get it but I can respect it. All that being said, does anyone plan on carrying the torch and updating these resources? I'd consider giving it a go if there was a resource pack or something.. I've got some experience with mapping a game but the community reversed it and we had more data to work with.

Archived