Can't find a hacksaw Mystery Lake and Coastal Highway

Eachna

I can't find a hacksaw in either Mystery Lake or Coastal Highway (the two maps I've unlocked).

Are there any guaranteed drop locations on one of these two maps and if so, would someone kindly point me to one?

Don't spoil the location on other maps as I want to explore them on my own, first.

Since the Hacksaw was introduced into the game, I have always found at least one at the gas station in the Coastal Highway. One time I found three there. I do not know if it is guaranteed though.

Is that the Quonset gas station?

Yes. The quonset. In ML, i have only found them twice in 7 starts. One was in the Trappers Homestead and the other was on the ground out the back door of the dam by the fire barrel.

I didn't find any in Coastal Highway or Mystery Lake, but I found two in Desolation Point (or one in DP and one on the DP side of the mine entrance in the transition).

• 2 weeks later...
Seems gas station always have 1 somewhere 100%. Found 1 there, and 1 or 2 in DP.

I don't think there is any single object in the game which is somewhere 100% of the time. To me this is one of the basic design principle of the game, you cannot say that you have to go somewhere to fetch something, because you are never sure it will be there. I can't imagine they have changed that just for the hacksaw.

I found my hacksaw in the mine between PV and CH.

In the many games i have started i have found 2 hacksaws at the gas station without fail. Usually 1 in each toolbox,occasionally one will be behind a crate or in a locker. I seem to always find 2 in the processing plant, as well. One game i had 5 hacksaws,3 hammers, and 6 knives. But couldnt find a hatchet or rifle to save my life.

I don't think there is any single object in the game which is somewhere 100% of the time. To me this is one of the basic design principle of the game, you cannot say that you have to go somewhere to fetch something, because you are never sure it will be there. I can't imagine they have changed that just for the hacksaw.

I found my hacksaw in the mine between PV and CH.

Well, bow seems always to spawn at kates secluded corner in DP.

In the many games i have started i have found 2 hacksaws at the gas station without fail. Usually 1 in each toolbox,occasionally one will be behind a crate or in a locker. I seem to always find 2 in the processing plant, as well. One game i had 5 hacksaws,3 hammers, and 6 knives. But couldnt find a hatchet or rifle to save my life.

What is the processing plant?

You have been there... The new map. ;)

Which part of DP is the processing plant? The building with the whale skeletons? I did very little exploration in DP as I had too much trouble getting food. I really only saw the Rikken, the whale building, the lighthouse, and the church.

I've since gone back to Mystery Lake where I'm wallowing in prosperity in the Camp Office and trying to decide what to do next.

I've since gone back to Mystery Lake where I'm wallowing in prosperity in the Camp Office and trying to decide what to do next.

Wallowing in prosperity is what this game is all about. :D

Maybe you'll find it next time, if you can make the run from the Camp Office back to DP in one piece.

But know this; you were very close the last time ... ;)

Wallowing in prosperity is what this game is all about. :D

Maybe you'll find it next time, if you can make the run from the Camp Office back to DP in one piece.

But know this; you were very close the last time ... ;)

So it's NOT the building with the whale skeletons? :D. That's very intriguing now....

Archived