Controls mapping

ArrayKnight

Though I think this request should cover full control mapping, I'd specifically like to be able to reassign one of the mouse buttons. I use a Microsoft Trackball Explorer:trackball-explorer-3bg-800.jpg

And it makes holding down the RMB (top button on the left side) to aim and clicking the LMB (bottom button on the left side) to shoot quite difficult. Also fighting wolves...its hard...haven't fought my way out of one encounter yet.

I just wanted to add my voice to this but for a slightly different reason. I have a physical disability and for me thees controls will work fine but I know not having fully remappable controls makes games very challenging for other people with disabilities. I am sure you wonderkins will have zero problems implementing something like this but i wanted to let you know there is a charity called Able Gamers that I believe does free consolations regarding how to best implement disabled friendly features.

I'm also having trouble fighting the wolves, because my fingers just don't work the way they used to before I got MS. It would be nice to have the option of using keyboard keys instead of LMB and RMB. The problem with mouse buttons is that you need to keep your hand steady to keep the mouse in place and only move your finger up and down, whereas with keyboard keys your hand can move as well.

Guest Alan Lawrance

This may be something we can elevate priority on. It was always planned, but getting it in sooner sounds like a good idea.

Yes I like the thought of mapping, even though I can use the Xbox Wired controller on my Mac, I still go back to old school with keys and mouse, BUT I have the Magic Mouse and Trackpad, and the M Mouse is a pain in the butt because of the size and shape of it, and the way its Mapped within OS X.

Glad this is a high priority . . .

Archived