[Closed]Community Contest - Win A Hinterland Hoodie!

bethany

centerhttp://hinterlandgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/CommunityContest-1140x320.jpg

UPDATE: It's time! Vote for your favorite screenshot here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hinterla ... itycontest

Voting ends 12 noon PST Nov. 6th.

---------------------------------------------

With our latest update, Desolation Point, one of our most-requested features has arrived: You can now place and arrange your gear in The Long Dark! To celebrate this addition, we’re launching a contest to see what you can do with the new placement system. Participation is simple—take a screenshot of your favorite location with your gear arranged in a way that shows off your creativity and imagination.

You can submit your screenshot via our Twitter, @Hinterlandgames, or to The Long Dark’s official Facebook page—just be sure to hashtag your submission with #mylongdarkhome. Over the next week, the Hinterland team will pick ten of its favorites. Once the contest wraps up, we’ll share our top ten with the community and invite everyone to vote for their favorite. The most popular choice, as selected by the community, will win a Hinterland hoodie!

The contest is open to players of all ages and regions, and we’ll be accepting submissions until 12 noon. PST Friday, October 2. Each player may only submit one image.

Have fun!

LongDarkHoodie1.jpg

This is awesome because as soon as they integrated the object placement for all items and not just lanterns I started organizing my gear, I just have to pick which area in my house is my favorite. :D I do wish that you could stack items but, I'm happy for now that they have allowed us players the ability to really stow our gear.

Can we vote on the Hinterland website, I don't want to sign up for Twitter or Facebook just for this?

The contest is now closed, but we'll have a link going out where everyone can vote for a winner in the next couple of days! You will not have to sign up for Facebook or Twitter to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry this took a bit longer than expected! We'll be posting the top ten on Friday (Oct 30th) and leaving the poll up and open to community votes for one week. I'll be sure to come back and edit the original post to include a link to the voting page.

Damn I wasn't expecting such high competition. Great job from everybody, most of the submissions are wonderful.

Patrick and Bethany could you please put the submissions up in Fan Creations or somewhere, I wouldn't mind another look but it won't let me back in after voting. Agree with Vagos, all great. Wish I'd finished my bear bedroll carpeted Quonset Garage bedroom in time, though it was more of a revenge inspired thing from repeated bear muggings - 680 day Stalker run (so far) too, woo hoo! :D

Patrick and Bethany could you please put the submissions up in Fan Creations or somewhere, I wouldn't mind another look but it won't let me back in after voting. Agree with Vagos, all great. Wish I'd finished my bear bedroll carpeted Quonset Garage bedroom in time, though it was more of a revenge inspired thing from repeated bear muggings - 680 day Stalker run (so far) too, woo hoo! :D

I'll see if I can round them up and post them there for you tomorrow!

Thanks a million Bethany, some really good stuff there wasn't there?

@GEL taz Hey buddy, just finished watching your latest YouTube clip - I left a comment but forgot to say damn that was one awesome speed run - Mystery Lake to the forge with no coat, gloves or anything really! I think you made it within the 24 hours too. Me, I'm scared to go out at night - and get lost a lot in the daytime, now I think of it! Cheers for the shout out, et bon chance une fois de plus!

Thanks a million Bethany, some really good stuff there wasn't there?

@GEL taz Hey buddy, just finished watching your latest YouTube clip - I left a comment but forgot to say damn that was one awesome speed run - Mystery Lake to the forge with no coat, gloves or anything really! I think you made it within the 24 hours too. Me, I'm scared to go out at night - and get lost a lot in the daytime, now I think of it! Cheers for the shout out, et bon chance une fois de plus!

Hi James :)

Really glad you enjoyed it! At the end there, I thought the weather might of stopped me, but with a bit of luck and help from a Bear, made it to the destination. Thanks for the mention here really nice of you! Keeps me going mon ami!

Archived