Random Starting Stats/Gear

ArrayKnight

Right now position and weather are random. But I think it could be interesting to have the starting stats and gear randomized as well. Starting out with a wound/illness, having no source of light, or having a very limited supply of calories. I think it would give you a more immediate need to survive instead of allowing people to spend the first few hours looting.

Right now position and weather are random. But I think it could be interesting to have the starting stats and gear randomized as well. Starting out with a wound/illness, having no source of light, or having a very limited supply of calories. I think it would give you a more immediate need to survive instead of allowing people to spend the first few hours looting.

I LOVE this idea. A plane crash should mess you up a bit. Or at the very least, I'd assume you wouldn't have had a complete meal and fill of water just before the crash. If the crashed plane is implemented near your spawn, the loot might be scattered about near or in the plane, but random. No guaranteed items. Actually I don't like guaranteed items being spawned at all. Presently (v.083) I do like how the rifle and some of the other guaranteed items are now more random.

Raph and I have discussed this very thing on several occasions. I expect you'll see this soon.

Super nice! I'm happy now. :D

Archived