The Long Dark: Road to Desolation Point

SpoonyMass

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't see the stutter?  Get's bad around the 13:13 minute mark.  It freezes for a fraction of the second, but it's there enough that I notice it (as per my commentary), and it gets really bad as I move through the cave (Cave between the waterfall and marsh ridge at Forlorn Muskeg)

I don't believe it's the recording software as I've been through that cave off camera and it still does the stuttering.  Also other areas are recording at a constant 60fps.  It's only when I get into that particular cave.  

13 hours ago, nicko said:

Thanks for your (25min video)  I could not see no stutter or any frame drops.

Have you thought it might be your system causing the stutter/frame drop due to you recording and all? just saying!

The cave in question, he entered at 12 minutes into the video. Literally every time he turned his view in the cave the image hung, and the camera did not move smoothly or fluidly. Your inability to see and understand anything is still in effect I see.

To @SpoonyMass, have you tried turning shadows to OFF under display settings?

I have a decent graphics card in my ASUS ROG laptop and could most likely handle shadows, but I turn off shadows anyway because they are graphics intensive and I don't feel they are necessary.

Plus what good ever came from a shadow? A shadow monster to drag your soul into hell like in the movie Ghost? A wolf hiding in a shadow? Screw you shadows!

It is a lot of video (25 minutes) I'm sure the stutter is missable (plus my dashing awesome sexy commentary has been known to drive men, women, and some animals wild).  No worries @nicko, I'm happy you enjoyed the video.  

I never thought about the shadows and turning it off @JoE Smash.  I might give that a shot in my next spelunking expedition.

1 hour ago, SpoonyMass said:

It is a lot of video (25 minutes) I'm sure the stutter is missable (plus my dashing awesome sexy commentary has been known to drive men, women, and some animals wild).  No worries @nicko, I'm happy you enjoyed the video.  

I never thought about the shadows and turning it off @JoE Smash.  I might give that a shot in my next spelunking expedition.

Keep me posted, I'm curious to know if it makes a difference for you!

On 7/10/2017 at 9:47 AM, SpoonyMass said:

You didn't see the stutter?  Get's bad around the 13:13 minute mark.  It freezes for a fraction of the second, but it's there enough that I notice it (as per my commentary), and it gets really bad as I move through the cave (Cave between the waterfall and marsh ridge at Forlorn Muskeg)

I don't believe it's the recording software as I've been through that cave off camera and it still does the stuttering.  Also other areas are recording at a constant 60fps.  It's only when I get into that particular cave.  

Often times in the game when the frame rate changes, it is tied to a specific location - if you could find that location again, take an F8 screenshot and submit it to our bug database with a report on what you are seeing that would be very helpful! Thank you. https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues

4 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Often times in the game when the frame rate changes, it is tied to a specific location - if you could find that location again, take an F8 screenshot and submit it to our bug database with a report on what you are seeing that would be very helpful! Thank you. https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues

lol.  There are a lot of wolves between myself and this particular cave.  I'll just explain the situation to them..., maybe they'll be kind enough to let me pass ;)

Speaking of a lot of wolves..., new episode below for those that follow the thread :D

33 minutes ago, SpoonyMass said:

We head back to stutter cave to get that bug report.  

Cool another video I will watch.

quick tip : the forge just light it with lots of wood, when it hits the sweet hot spot you can add coal, (maybe 6-7 pieces) that will bring it up to temperature to forge. There are two parts to the forge upper lower burning!

geez your walking the long way :).

Go Joe,  ha turn shadows off in your settings if you see stuttering! amazing. maybe that option needs to be turned off by default install settings, if its not already.

Archived