The Long Dark Sandbox update — Desolation Point v.264

bethany

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am thrilled with the new map release. Some very nice changes.

I do want to voice a couple of opinions though.

1. from what I understand, arrowheads can only be forged...not made at the workbench. While that is a HUGE pain in the butt, it is very realistic. Only suggestion there would be to add more locations where you can forge items. Maybe 1 on each map/region, whatever you want to call it. But, overall, i like the change in difficulty. Makes it more realistic.

2. Still having issues with interiors resetting after I store items in them :evil: This has been an ongoing issue with my gameplay where i store some food and items in a place, then go to retrieve them, and the whole inside of the house/cabin has reset and all my stored items are gone. This has been very frustrating and I know a lot of people who have had/are having the same issue. It makes me not want to leave anything behind and go back for it because I don't want to risk losing it. Then I get weighed down and can't move efficiently to explore. Not the biggest of deals, but one that I know has frustrated me and several others.

3. Wildlife is doing strange things. Deer are charging me and wolves are extra aggressive (voyager). Not a big deal though.

4. Darkness inside structures is still a pain in my butt.

Overall, very pleased with all the new features. Just wish the interiors wouldn't reset so I can drop stuff and be able to move around

Although, if they did it because they want to promote players to travel to various regions, I suppose I see how that would work.

I dont agree with a game company telling me how to play the game in sandbox mode. Thats like a spoiled brat stealing your toys in the sandbox when we were kids. I suggest adding tiers of arrowheads,

1 no arrowhead tip, minimal damage, low accuraccy, low chance of picking back up after firing into animal

2 handmade from a can, crafting table, moderate damage, low accuracy due to weight of tip. Low chance of pickup

3 heavy duty handmade, crafting tables made with numerous cans and or scrap metal, moderate dmg and acc moderate chance of pickup

Now comes the forge

4 scrap metals, high damage, moderate accuracy high chance pickup

5 scrap metal and melted metal, metal arrows, high damage high accuracy high chance pickup

Im no means an expert, but a born and raised canadian country boy. Arrows were my childhood, easiest thing to make, not needing forges or worktables unless your creating higher quality. Please bring arrowhead crafting back!

wow just finally managed to travel to DP Map. Must say it's a nice map, great change from others. Love the light house :) also managed to find some deer in the ice-bay below. Next on the agenda to visit that ship in the horizon. Thanks Hinterland for many more hours of fun game play.

Since the new update and desolation Point, I am no longer able to walk at a normal speed. I can only walk super super slow, which is extremely frustrating, as walking only the smallest distance takes so long. I run for as long as I can, but this isn't a very long term option. I thought that maybe my laptop can't cope with the latest update, but everything else is working fine. Is this a problem with my hardware?

Since the new update and desolation Point, I am no longer able to walk at a normal speed. I can only walk super super slow, which is extremely frustrating, as walking only the smallest distance takes so long. I run for as long as I can, but this isn't a very long term option. I thought that maybe my laptop can't cope with the latest update, but everything else is working fine. Is this a problem with my hardware?

Could be a number of things. To get some troubleshooting and assistance, post to our technical forums and let Support give you a hand:

viewforum.php?f=96

• 4 months later...
Although, if they did it because they want to promote players to travel to various regions, I suppose I see how that would work.

I dont agree with a game company telling me how to play the game in sandbox mode. Thats like a spoiled brat stealing your toys in the sandbox when we were kids. I suggest adding tiers of arrowheads,

1 no arrowhead tip, minimal damage, low accuraccy, low chance of picking back up after firing into animal

2 handmade from a can, crafting table, moderate damage, low accuracy due to weight of tip. Low chance of pickup

3 heavy duty handmade, crafting tables made with numerous cans and or scrap metal, moderate dmg and acc moderate chance of pickup

Now comes the forge

4 scrap metals, high damage, moderate accuracy high chance pickup

5 scrap metal and melted metal, metal arrows, high damage high accuracy high chance pickup

Im no means an expert, but a born and raised canadian country boy. Arrows were my childhood, easiest thing to make, not needing forges or worktables unless your creating higher quality. Please bring arrowhead crafting back!

I made an account specifically to say what a great idea this is.

I just started playing this game a day ago, and was disappointed to find out that I can somehow salvage everything I need to make a bow and arrows; but no arrowheads? Seems like they're specifically trying to hold you back.

I just started playing this game a day ago, and was disappointed to find out that I can somehow salvage everything I need to make a bow and arrows; but no arrowheads? Seems like they're specifically trying to hold you back.

Not sure what you mean? You only need scrap metal to craft the arrowheads, along with coal to heat the forge. There are also random spawns of arrowheads and other components spread across each region.

Not sure what you mean? You only need scrap metal to craft the arrowheads, along with coal to heat the forge. There are also random spawns of arrowheads and other components spread across each region.

The forge is only located in one region though. As for the arrowheads, I've only managed to find two so far, which has worked. But arrowheads are not so difficult to make that you need a forge.

(I also just realized I necro-ed a very old thread. Apologies for that.)

Archived