Bug found with the outpost

Jebcool

The outpost on mystery lake, with the flag out front. Multiple times I've entered the outpost and my screen stayed completely black, but I could hear my player comment on stuff (usually carrying too much weight)

So I turn the game off and back on. It loads up to the outpost with me inside it. However the outpost has reloaded items.... meaning I get to loot it all over again.... and meaning any guts or hides or anything else I stored in there is gone... this is happening on the medium difficulty and I haven't tested if it's happening with other buildings.

P.s. loving the game, I have high hopes for future updates

I'll be moving this post to the technical forums, as you've posted this in the Feedback section.

In the meantime, try this and let us know if it helps:

In Steam interface, click on "LIBRARY".

In games list, right click on "The Long Dark".

Choose "Properties"

Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."

Paste into text box "-force-d3d9" without the quotes

Click "OK".

Click "CLOSE".

I am actually still having this problem after the update. And it's actually the camp office that is doing it. I guess I'll just grab my stuff and move to another temporary location for now

Update: entering from the back door of the camp outpost makes the same bug

Further update: started a new save. It's no longer happening. Thank you!

Guest mcopeman

Could you please send your save001 folder to Alan@hinterlandgames.com? For PC it can be found at C:\Users\(Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark. The app data folder is hidden by default, so you will either have to unhide it or search in the locallow in the windows app bar.

For MAC its Users/(Computer Name)/Library/Caches/Hinterland/The Long Dark. In this case Library is hidden.

Melody~

Archived