Next Update Coming Soon!!

Raphael van Lierop

• Hinterland

We've just finished recording the video narration for our next update -- yes, in a closet with a blanket over our heads, to reduce echo -- and the entire team is now working hard on testing the game. This can only mean one thing: the next Sandbox update is just around the corner!

So far, everything is looking on track for the next Sandbox update to be released next week. We're really excited to see what you think about the new region, some new gameplay, and a whole bunch of visual and audio improvements we've made to the game!

We'll keep you posted as we complete our testing. Hang in there, and thanks for your patience.

- The Hinterland Team

Is this for the XB1 and will it help solve the save issue?

Yes, Steam and XBox will be updated simultaneously. Are you referring to the issue with loot resetting in some interiors? If so, we believe this is fixed -- Please let us know if you continue having issues after the update goes live.

I've had problems with the game losing my save game data and having to start all over. Was just wondering if this update will address this issue? Looking forward to the update.

We would need more information from you to know what you're dealing with. What system are you using? Lately, reports like this have only been coming from our XBox One players.

Please post any further details in our tech forums if you have not done so already, as our tech team does not typically troubleshoot in announcement threads. You will find them here.

Thanks, and sorry to hear you've been having issues!

Will this, or any following updates, reset my current save file? Im currently on 130+ days, and I have 99% of everything scavenged. Does this mean that when this update hits, my character will be able to go even further? or will I lose it all and have to restart?

We do our best to ensure old saves work with all updates, but are obviously unable to guarantee it. If you have a run that is particularly meaningful to you, we suggest closing it out or disabling automatic updates until you're ready to let go of it. That all being said the last couple of updates have made very significant changes, and this will be no exception. I always recommend starting a new game so you can experience everything from a fresh perspective.

Will the new update force us to start a new game to assess the new zone or can we continue on our current one

Does this answer your question? (it should...)

Will this, or any following updates, reset my current save file? Im currently on 130+ days, and I have 99% of everything scavenged. Does this mean that when this update hits, my character will be able to go even further? or will I lose it all and have to restart?

We do our best to ensure old saves work with all updates, but are obviously unable to guarantee it. If you have a run that is particularly meaningful to you, we suggest closing it out or disabling automatic updates until you're ready to let go of it. That all being said the last couple of updates have made very significant changes, and this will be no exception. I always recommend starting a new game so you can experience everything from a fresh perspective.

Okay... why are the quotes not working? And why can't I edit my own post even though I can on every other sub forum?

Originally this area was for Hinterland staff only, so the permissions weren't set for regular users. Working on changing and applying all the permissions now to hopefully adjust it for future posts.

Archived