Ravine transition area

piddy3825

The area in the Ravine where you can leave the tracks looks like a pretty good area to transition into from Mystery Lake for some easy hunting and collecting. Although I haven't shot a deer there, I have set some snares up but have never caught anything. I was however able to harvest some saplings for arrows and collect some bark, sticks and chop some wood etc. Nor have I ever encountered a wolf there. but I have "fallen" off the edges too easily more than once while trying to explore the area. Has anyone spent any time seeing what this area has to offer? Any plans for Hinterland to flesh out this area? just curious.

The Ravine area has already been expanded. I believe it was in late March or early April. Before it was just the the railroad tracks and the bridge to Coastal Highway I think. I started playing after the update. Now it is much bigger area. I spent a few days in there recently and saw a bunch of deer and rabbits but no wolves. There is a also a fairly big cave there too that can provide good shelter if needed. Tons of wood, tinder from birch bark and a bunch of Old Man's beard, Rose hip berries and reishi mushrooms.

I will usually go to the Ravine area a day or two before I travel to Coastal Highway or Pleasant Valley. That way I can gather all of the resources and bring them back to my base camp at Carter Hydro Dam. Then if I travel back through the Ravine to Coastal Highway there will be nothing for me to gather and I wont get encumbered like I have in the past while traveling.The Ravine also has a fair amount of rabbits and looks to be a good place to trap if you make your main camp at the Hydro Dam like I do.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently read on a Steam forum, that you can crouch walk and traverse the side of Ravine to the bottom at the junction point right before the train trestle (heading towards CH). Apparently you might not be able to get back out so you would want to explore this area with a "disposable" character or game, but from what I understand this looks like an another potential map expansion area? I always wondered what was down below there... might be fun looking.

Archived