Make a flag and a litter

gwwagner48

It would be simple to craft both a flag (stick with cloth) and a litter from sticks. Both of these objects could be made in the environment and would be useful. The flag being vertical and more easily seen can mark trails or help you not get lost in the fog. The littler can add to your carrying capacity by x%.

I agree with both idea. I can manage weight with a base camp but when moving between maps you either need to leave almost everything or head out heavily encumbered. No sled/litter encourages players to hibernate in one place as long as possible.

Trail markers would be great because it is easy to get turned around in bad weather even if you know the map. Trail markers are realistic and fit within the game.

Love both ideas.

For the litter, I wouldn't make it increase your carry capacity, I'd make it a container that you interact with normally, but then can also "pick up" or "put down". While you have it in hand and moving with it, a fraction (maybe 20%?) of the weight in the litter "container" would apply to your encumbrance - but something that you could "drop" at any moment (defend yourself, etc).

+1 for flags. Could not agree more with easily getting turned around in bad weather! It would be another use for cloth & would also add to some of the tough decisions a player sometimes has to make. 'Do i repair my shoddy pants to keep me warm or mark my path cuz a storms moving in?' Just an example. Great thinking!

Archived