The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha — Hotfix to v.257

bethany

Hello,

We’ve hotfixed The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha to v.257 to introduce the following fixes for Steam and XBox One:

The Long Dark Sandbox Alpha — Hotfix to v.257

*Fixed bug where wolves would sometimes continue to attack after being killed.

*Allow hypothermia to reverse itself as long as player isn’t freezing.

*Fixed bug that could cause multiple infections from a single infection risk.

*Fixed issue that caused multiple infection risks in the same location to not heal properly.

*Fixed crash when an item finishes curing while being viewed in inspection mode.

*Fixed crash that could occur when loading very old profiles.

*Fixed ammo loss issue when transferring a stack of single rounds from a container to inventory.

*Fixed exploit for making fires last forever with a single torch.

*Fixed issue with option sliders not resetting after backing out of menus.

*Fixed typo in Pilgrim description.

*Fixed compatibility issues with OBS and Xsplit. [issue only reported for PC users]

The following changes apply to PC/Mac players only, and will be included in the next hotfix for XBox One:

*Fixed repair button not appearing first time repair screen is shown.

*Fixed issue with being able to equip partially crafted Bow from inspection mode or with hotkeys.

*Fixed problem with wolves being able to attack player inside the derailed train in Mystery Lake.

##END OF CHANGELIST##

Hi there, Since the most recent update for the Xbox One update. I have noticed some bugs arise. I found that when venturing outside near an animal, if you look down the sights of a gun or bow the screen goes Black. Now I didn't really mind at first but when a wolf charged me and every time i tried to aim the screen went black well.... yeah lets say it didn't end well. On occasion this would lead to what i assume is the wolf attack animation but it seemed to cycle ALL of the sound effects including Bears, rabbits, deer, fire, gunshots in a black screen.

I really enjoy this game and I have been playing it religiously but I'd really like to see this get patched up.

Keep up the good work.

I have crashed 3 times since the Hotfix .257. Not only has the game crashed, it also crashed my entire PC. The first crash happened 30 min into game play. The second happened after 10 minutes and the last crash, after about 3 minutes of game play. On the first restart, all my hotkeys were set wonky and the language was in German. The game would not reboot from the saved file, but I had a standby save that I replaced it with. The second crash had none of those problems, but again crashed the entire computer. Same with the last attempt.

since v257. I have a strange echo door sound when exiting cabins in coastal map.

I'm in the cabin next to the garage. going in seem fine it just when you leave a building you get a echo clunk type of sound effect. very strange.

I do not know if there is someone prepared to do a rollback if the problems noted by others above are common, but I'd like to offer a little bit of advice.

Friday afternoon updates really aren't a good idea unless there's something seriously game-breaking happening, or if your people are ready to respond over the weekend (which may be the case here?)

Sorry to be contrary, but Friday updates always worry me.

I do not know if there is someone prepared to do a rollback if the problems noted by others above are common, but I'd like to offer a little bit of advice.

Friday afternoon updates really aren't a good idea unless there's something seriously game-breaking happening, or if your people are ready to respond over the weekend (which may be the case here?)

Rollback, what for :?: :?

And what's wrong with Friday afternoon updates, I don't get it. The team doesn't usually work (not on the forums at least) on weekends (but they did last Sunday when .256 went live).

Even if they respond, it's not like a hotfix fix would be released the same day. It's going to take some time, so it makes no difference if they respond today, tomorrow or Monday.

Hey guys.

I'll point the tech team to this thread next week, but please post any bugs or tech issues in our technical forums. It would be nearly impossible for us to track them if they were spread out all over the place, so it's best for us if you share them there.

Sorry some of you are experiencing issues! We'll be sure to have a look as soon as we can.

Rollback, what for :?: :?

And what's wrong with Friday afternoon updates, I don't get it. The team doesn't usually work (not on the forums at least) on weekends (but they did last Sunday when .256 went live).

Even if they respond, it's not like a hotfix fix would be released the same day. It's going to take some time, so it makes no difference if they respond today, tomorrow or Monday.

I was not saying a rollback was necessary. Sorry if it seemed as if I was. I'm playing right now and not experiencing any issues.

That being said, the point I was trying to make was that it's usually for the best to introduce changes at the beginning of a work week, so your dev team has several days to find and fix introduced errors. When the weekend comes, the chances of a catastrophic failure are near-zero if there hasn't been one for a few days post-patch.

Your dev team should be allowed to enjoy their weekends without the specter of potential Ohmigod phone calls looming in everyone's minds.

Your player base is also likely to be more active over the weekends, and will appreciate problems even less on days when they can be enjoying themselves with full immersion for a few hours.

This will also potentially save the company money and/or productivity if you have on-call pay that goes active if you have a critical failure over the weekend, or if a weekend-called individual takes a day off during the week as compensation for a day spent working over the weekend.

Those good reasons for early-week patching aside, I'm just being a worrywart.

I do have a reason to feel this way. Rolf, over at Wurm Online, used to constantly patch and update his game on Fridays. His game has several servers, some of which are full-loot PVP. When game-breaking changes were introduced as he walked out the doors on Fridays, it caused massive chaos on the PVP servers, and sometimes on the PVE servers as well. There were times when he was unavailable for many hours after complete server crashes.

Friday patches worry me.

Bug found for me: Well, I would not REALLY call it a bug, but I am sure this is not supposed to happen:

Not every time but with a VERY HIGH probability, when I walk into the Cabin Office, it doubles my inventory.

Yes, I believe this is a bug we've had reported and managed to reproduce. Again, in the future, please post any bugs or technical issues in our tech section (I've linked it above) so we can keep track of them. Thanks!

since v257. I have a strange echo door sound when exiting cabins in coastal map.

I'm in the cabin next to the garage. going in seem fine it just when you leave a building you get a echo clunk type of sound effect. very strange.

All I can think of is I did hear an echo effect in the hyrdo dam - that is the last point I was until I ran to the coastal map. seems like the echo effect followed me :(

We were promised a new area level in the next update, this was it, and no new area? Come on Hinterland....

v.257 is a hotfix, not the next major update - that will most likely be out sometime around the end of August or shortly afterwards, and is the update scheduled to include the new area to explore.

If you watched the major update video from the staff then you would hear their promise of a new level (finally! And out of how many more to come? Come on, how big is this game really?)

Yes - and that's for the next major update, which will likely be released around the end of the month... v.257 was just a usual hotfix as needed after an update

If you watched the major update video from the staff then you would hear their promise of a new level (finally! And out of how many more to come? Come on, how big is this game really?)

Doh Never made it that far into the video apologies.

Put some multiplier in it please :D

Did you mean 'multiplayer'? If so, no, the point were to survive on your own. :|

Or make it so you can buy an add on

I'm not even sure a paid 'add-on' grants any multiplayer possibilities since it's a whole new game technology implemented and how many players would you find willing to play with you when the whole game are designed for solo campaigns since others are required to buy that tiny 'add-on'? If i multiplayered then i'd only club your face to store your corpse in the basement and to later on eat your fleshy arse and then eat the normal food later on to finish the day with a good taste in my mouth. Survival lol. :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived